The Executive Governor on Ondo State, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu SAN, has approved the constitution of the Governing board of the Office Of Public Defender.
This is in furtherance of the efforts of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu SAN, to ensure the protection of the Fundamental Human Rights of citizens of Ondo state as enshrined in Chapter IV of the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria and strengthen the operations of Office Of Public Defender.
This was disclosed in a statement signed by Kola Adeniyi Esq, Special Assistant to the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Ondo State, Charles Titiloye ksm, and available to TheNigerialawyer(TNL).
Adeniyi, in the statement, noted that the Board will consist of both statutory members and members of Non Governmental organisations, Professional bodies and other interest organisation.
The following organisations have been approved to be represented on the Board by the Governor:
1. Justice, Development and Peace Commission (JDPC).
2. Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) & FIDA.
3. Committee for Defence of Human Rights (CDHR).
4. Other interest organisation representative.
Consequently, and pursuant to section 3 of Office of Public Defender Law of Ondo State, the Governor has approved the appointment of the following persons as members of Governing Board of OPD.
1. Sir Charles Titiloye ksm, Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice — Chairman.
2. The Permanent secretary, Ministry of Justice and the Solicitor General — Member.
3. Rev. Father Damian Adesegha: Member representing Justice Development and Peace Commission (JDPC).
4. Mrs. Veronica Funmi Faleyimu – Ayodele: Member representing Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) & Federacion Internacional De Abogadas (FIDA).
5. Mr. Fasesin Segun Olasumbo: Member representing Committee for Defence of Human Rights (CDHR).
6. Mrs. Funmi Osundolire: Member representing interests not represented.
7. Director of Office of Public Defender — Secretary of the board.
Mr Governor Congratulates all the appointees and enjoined them to work diligently towards the attainment of the lofty objectives of the office of the Public Defender.
Book On The Dynamics of Mediation, Negotiation & Arbitration In A Globalized World [Order Your Copy]
Price: ₦15,000 or £20 per copy [Hard Back– 21 chaps/700 pages]: Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com WhatsApp only: 0803-703-5989 : Voice Call – Mobile: 0817-630-8030, 0909-965-1401; 0705-767-0347; 0912-173-4691 : Landline: 09-2913581; 09-2913499