The incumbent National Publicity Secretary, who is also vying for the office of National Welfare Secretary, Olakunle Edun, has rolled out his welfare packages for lawyers when elected.
Kunle is a Quintessential Bar man, who has served NBA in various capacities both at the branch and National levels.
He has always been at the forefront of human rights issues and justice for the indigents
A committed litigation lawyer whose areas of practice span in Transactional Law Practice, Dispute Resolution, Employment and Labour, Intellectual property law and many others.
See Manifesto below
WELFARE MANIFESTO OF KUNLE EDUN
1. Younger Lawyers’ Mentoring Program
Work with the NBA President to create mentoring scheme for the Young Lawyers by seconding young lawyers on a month’s pupilage in established law firms.
- Lawyers with special needs/ALDIN
Work with the NBA President to ensure that lawyers with disabilities are given special privileges and discounts in all NBA-organized activities, campaign for ramps to be constructed in courts to enable easy accessibility.
- Elders Welfare Program
Work with the NBA President to initiate and sustain a welfare programme for elders at the bar that have health and welfare challenges (above 70 years) and to be accorded preferential treatment in all NBA organized activities.
- CREATION OF A SPECIAL FUND FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES.
Advocate the setting up of a Special Fund with a seed capital of at least N100M to cater for members in need of immediate medical treatment or having any other special needs that are beyond the capacity of the branches.
- Health and Pension Insurance:
Work with the NBA President to evolve a more comprehensive insurance scheme for lawyers that will include health and pension insurance packages.
- Welfare Chat room:
Set up Welfare groups using different social media tools to receive information, update and quickly address health/welfare challenges confronting members.
- Improved Conditions of Service for Younger Lawyer
Advocate for better conditions of service for young lawyers and facilitate discussions on a national minimum salary scale or young lawyers in private practice (1-7).
- Statutory/More Representation for Young Lawyers at NEC:
Advocate for young lawyers (YLF) to have increased representation at the National Executive Committee and some other strategic Committees of the NBA.
- Representation of ALDIN, LOAN and Police Lawyers Forum at NEC. To enable more inclusion and robust partnership with all sectors, there would be a push for members of Association of Lawyers with Disabilities in Nigeria, Law Officers Association of Nigeria and Police Lawyers Association to have some representation at the NBA-NEC. Will also encourage the registration of LAON as an entity.
Advocate for fair gender balance in the appointment of members of NEC and other Committees/Sections/Fora of the NBA
11. Elimination of Quackery:
Work with the NBA President to create more job opportunities for the young lawyers by facilitating an enabling environment for opening of other areas of practice and also eliminating roadside affidavit clerks in all Courts’ premises, quackery and prevent incursions into the legal profession by other professionals.
12. Bill to Make Payment of 10% Compulsory:
Work with the NBA President and NEC to set up a Special Committee that will come up with proactive solutions that will make mandatory the payment of 10% minimum fee in the preparation of land documentations and criminalize non compliance thereof. This is a huge area that will make lawyers to be richer, particularly young lawyers.
13. Advocate for the elimination of discrimination against lawyers in the public service:
Lawyers in the public service are members of the NBA and should be allowed the full benefits and privileges like every other member of the NBA, particularly the right to contest for offices in NBA elections.
14. Human Rights Violations Victims:
Set up a Lawyers’ Victims’ Chat room for lawyers who are victims of rights abuse by security personnel; this will enable proper co-ordination
by the NBA in assisting such lawyers to seek for remedies/compensations.
15. Reduce frictions between lawyers and security agencies: Work with the NBA President and the NBA Human Right Institute to partner with the various security and law enforcement agencies for a more beneficial partnership that will see to a drastic reduction in the incidences of harassment of lawyers. The Police Duty Solicitors’ Scheme and the Branches’ Human Rights’ Committee will be key in this effort.
16. NBA Estates: Work with the NBA President to encourage the formation of Co-operatives by NBA Branches which will comprise of Savings Schemes in business partnership with lending institutions that will facilitate the construction of NBA Estates in Abuja and such other branches (optional) at discounted market rates.
17. NBA Micro-Finance Bank: Continue on-going efforts at setting up of NBA Micro-Finance Bank to enable members access soft loans.
KUNLE EDUN ESQ.
National Welfare Secretary (Candidate)
Small Manhood And Premature Ejaculation Made Me Stay Away from Love Making For 4yrs...But These Simple Solutions WORKED! Also, Your Enlarged Prostate Can Be Reversed Now! Click Here To See My Breakthrough!Call +234 8033102629, 8033094975.
For Advert Inquiries Tele/+234 806 819 1709 E-mail: email@example.com