The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
IHVN is sourcing for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Reports to: Director of Administration
Scheduled Work time: Monday to Friday
Term: Full Time
- The Successful candidate will provide legal services to the institute and manage the secretariat of the Institute’s board.
The Legal Officer shall be responsible for:
- Providing legal advice/opinion on various issues relating to the Institute and its subsidiaries.
- Undertaking legal research and legal interpretation of all relevant laws including the Institute’s staff, financial and other internal regulations.
- Preparing agreements and other legal instruments as well as memoranda and correspondences.
- Reviewing all agreements and legal documents, which may create legal obligation for the Institute.
- Overseeing the registration and verification of contractors and consultants for the institute.
- Working with external solicitors on cases involving the Institute.
- Updating the Institute’s details with relevant regulatory authorities when necessary.
- Handling matters related to the board of directors and secretariat.
- Handling matters related to the reflection of structural changes of the Institute.
- Providing Legal guidance/advice on various issues such as corporate regulatory compliance, privacy, anti-trust and competition laws, advertising/promotional matters, corporate governance, fiduciary duty, ethics and strategic transactions within the Department of Administration/Institute, including the preparation of memoranda and correspondences.
- Providing corporate policy guidance by providing advice on labor relations, employment law and benefits matters.
- Updating the details of the Institute and its subsidiaries at the Corporate Affairs Commission when necessary.
- Coordinating other legal and related matters with external solicitors as may be needed/directed.
- Performing other administrative duties as may be assigned from time to time by the CEO, COO and or the Director of Administration.
- Candidates should have an LLB, BL with a minimum of second class lower division.
- At least 3 years post call experience.
- Candidates with LLM may have an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to be use initiative (be proactive)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written/verbal and diplomacy
- Have good interpersonal, relationship management skills and possess the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft word format to “The Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book On The Dynamics of Mediation, Negotiation & Arbitration In A Globalized World [Order Your Copy]Written By Professor C.J. Amasike, Ph.D; F.DRI; F.CIArb; M.ADRg; FIPA; FCTI Price: ₦20,000 or £25 per copy [Hard Back– 21 chaps/700 pages] Contact Information Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org WhatsApp only: 0803-703-5989 Voice Call – Mobile: 0817-630-8030,+234-805-2128-456, +234-909-