Access to Justice (“A2Justice”) is a justice advocacy group working to defend rights of equal and non-discriminatory access to courts of law, expand access of vulnerable people to equal and impartial justice, attack corruption in justice administration, support legal struggles for human dignity and disseminate legal resources that help achieve these purposes.
We seek an exceptional person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Duration: 1 year period (with possibility for renewal)
This person will be responsible for:
- Implementing existing projects to strengthen the rule of law in Nigeria, monitor integrity and independence of the judiciary and publicize threats to these values, as well as threats to the administration of justice of Nigeria as a whole.
- Implement and monitor projects that have strong rule of law, access to justice and human rights focus.
- Develop proposals that cover conceptual, methodological, operational, evaluative, and financial elements for consideration by grant making institutions;
- Conduct research and fact-finding inquiries relevant for the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Identify needs for policy changes at State and Federal levels that can positively impact the administration of justice, ease access to justice obstacles, strengthen accountability for human rights violations and undertake advocacy to realize these objectives.
- Develop partnerships with funding agencies to support project activities.
The required candidate should be a qualified attorney of at least 5 years post-call experience, with strong familiarity with the national, regional and international system for the protection of human rights, and experience in social and legal advocacy, excellent and demonstrable written and verbal communication skills, and a passion for the mission of the organization.
Compensation is within the N1,800,000 – N2,400,000 p/a range.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes and Cover Letters (with a minimum of two professional references) to: email@example.com Using “Programme Officer” as the subject line of the email.
Book On “International Arbitration & ADR And The Rule Of Law”Written By Professor C.J. Amasike, Ph.D; F.DRI; F.CIArb; M.ADRg; FIPA; FCTI Price: ₦20,000 or £25 per copy [Hard Back– 20 chaps/715 pages] Contact Information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com WhatsApp only: 0803-703-5989 Voice Call – Mobile: 0817-630-8030,+234-805-2128-456, +234-909-