Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. “We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!”.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Offer ID: 18397BR
Location: Port Harcourt-Trans Amadi(NGA)
Métier: General Business Law, Specialized Practice Area
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
- Undertake legal research and provide advisory to relevant departments
- Provide legal support to the company and its departments via analysis of legal risks and possible impact on potential transactions
- Provide legal and contractual support to the company’s asset departments
- Attend court sessions and liaise with external counsel with respect to litigation, arbitration, tax appeals and any other dispute resolution proceedings
- Provide broad based litigation management support
- Maintain litigation/property, other records and prepare periodic work reports and updates
- Serve as company representative and provide legal support during negotiations of any kind, including MOU negotiations with host communities
- Provide legal support to contract engineers in the adaption of existing contract templates.
- Provide the company with legal guidance in transactions with third parties
- Prepare and draft agreements /contracts, leases and follow through their implementation.
- Handle routine legal dossiers autonomously, complex legal dossiers with supervision, and participate in negotiations with Company’s partners, contractors and relevant government agencies
- Provide legal support for treasury operations
- Minimum of a LL.B. or B.L qualification
- 6-10 years post-call experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures, with emphasis on fiscal and finance matters, commercial issues, labour related matters, interpretation of Nigerian legislation and contractual obligations
- Prior experience in providing a company with legal guidance in transactions with third parties
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills
- Arbitration and mediation skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Start Application
Visit our website at www.careers.total.com for detailed information and how to apply.
Tips for navigating the website:
- If the page defaults in French, click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click “APPLY TO TOTAL”
- Navigate to ‘Our offers’ and ‘select’ your language preference
- Click on ‘Advanced Search’.
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria
- Select your job preference to view details of the job
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email from our team for further action. Please follow the instruction to complete your application.
- Only completed applications will be processed
- We will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted applicants
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result in disqualification
- TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job vacancies placed outside this advert