The law firm of SPA Ajibade & Co (SPAACO), is pleased to announce that submissions for this year’s Essay competition, now open.
The topic has been chosen in line with the theme of this year’s Annual Luncheon which is “Technology, Innovation and The Law: Challenges, Potentials and Possibilities in the Nigerian Legal Landscape” Please find below the guidelines for participation.
Competition Rules/Guidelines for submission
1. The Competition is open to lawyers between 1-7 years post-call excluding staff of SPA Ajibade & Co.
2. Participants are to write an Essay between 1000 to 2000 on the topic “The Practical Application of Technology to Modern Law Practice in Nigeria via-a-vis The Nigerian Legal System : A LegalTech Analysis” citing a currently existing (in Nigeria or elsewhere) or future legal technology and then marrying it with the Nigerian Legal System, and providing practical ways in which they can be used in Nigeria.
3. Participants shall, in addition to the essay, make a 1-minute video summarising the Essay. Videos must have a premise, argument and closing remark.
4. The video is to be posted on Instagram, tagging @spa_ajibade, and using the hashtag #SPAACOABL2021
5. The essay and link to video must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Submissions must be done no later than 12 midnight of November 30, 2021.
The winner will be announced during the Luncheon which will take place on Thursday 9th December 2021 and all participants are encouraged to attend.
1. Full sponsorship for one certificate earning course with any of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb); the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSAN); or the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
2. Brand new laptop with LawPavillion, All Appeal Court Reports and LegalPedia Installed.
Law of Armed Conflict: Principles and Concepts is a book that sets out to disseminate, promote and strengthen the knowledge of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) .
The book has 30 Chapters and 802 pages with a bibliography and index.
Written By Dr. Hagler Sunny Okorie
To Order: 08028636615, 08032253813 or 08037667945 or Princeton & Associates Publishing Co. Ltd No. 9 Ezekiel Street off Toying Street, Ikeja, Lagos Or Winners Chambers, No. 135 Ehi Road by Mosque Street beside First Bank, 3rd Floor back, Aba, Abia State or Faculty of Law, Abia State University, Umuahia Campus.