Bradfield Consulting is a professional service firm created to provide human resource solutions for organizations of any size. Our goal is to help our esteemed clients eliminate issues bordering on having incompatible or inexperienced employees. Our partnership begins from attracting the right employees, settling them well at work and ensuring that they are equipped to deliver on your goals.
Our culture of seamless collaboration enables us to go well beyond recruitment; we meet with every client, seeking to understand their needs and culture in a bid to engage the perfect candidate fit for them. This collaborative culture of problem-solving enables us to add great value to our clients businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Paralegal (Corporate Services)
Location: Lagos / Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Field: Law / Legal
- Assist with the drafting of notices of organisational meetings and resolutions to be adopted.
- Analyse identified issues relating to corporate documents, preparing corporate records and providing overall support for complex transactions.
- Provide general legal assistance with corporate service group projects including legal and non-legal research, file maintenance and organisation of company document.
- Assisting with name check availability and reserving or registering corporate name.
- Assisting the corporate lawyers with draft amendments to bylaws and resolutions for board of directors and stockholders approval, as necessary and appropriate.
- Schedule weekly corporate service group meetings and updating reports using tables, Pivot charts and other high level Microsoft tools.
- Coordinate and prepare notices, proxy materials, ballots, affidavit or mailing and agendas for annual and special meetings of stockholders.
- Assist the Corporate services lawyers on monthly updates, special projects and confidential time/sensitive material.
- Prepare drafts of contract for Corporate Services group, proposing alternative text/clauses for client and vendor contracts as appropriate.
- Assist the corporate lawyers with the collection and verification of credential and other required documentation for execution of new contracts or amendment.
- Stay current on new regulatory requirements and corporate best practices. Assist in researching of SEC law and preparation of SEC related documents and filings.
- Assist the corporate lawyers with drafting and filing annual report, notices of changes of officers, directors, and related corporate information in jurisdiction of incorporation and in foreign jurisdictions in which corporation is qualified to transact business.
- Assisting the corporate lawyers with corporate transactions such as mergers & acquisitions, real estate transactions and other areas of law where applicable.
- Assist with the preparation of legal documents such as legal arguments, motions, contracts and agreements.
- Bachelor of Science or Art (B.Sc. or BA) minimum;
- Associate degree in Paralegal studies will be additional advantage;
- Master of Science or Art (optional)
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5+) years’ proven practice in legal and corporate commercial secretarial/administrative experience.
- Candidate must possess high level of expertise in supporting the corporate lawyers in their delivery of legal services to clients in areas such as Corporate Secretarial, Administrative, Governance and Regulatory, Legal Advice, Corporate Documents and Committee meeting function, including, but not limited to Company Law, subsidiary management, SEC reporting, Project Management, and Client relationship service.
- Demonstrates highly effective and strong stakeholder management and organisation skills.
- Displays high level intelligence in business and client management portfolio. Is able to recognise and evaluate relevant facts and legal concepts.
- Must possess interpersonal skills including but not limited to resolving conflicts, negotiating, and relating well with various types of clients.
- Must have good secretarial skills and an ability to understand and manage complex legal entity documentation.
- Good reporting skills and Absolute command of Microsoft Office applications.
- Candidate must have proven experience assisting with strategic and tactical corporate legal initiatives, maintaining Corporate services case files, performing legal research, indexes, tracking and documentation, as well as, providing specialized support related to the many facets of Corporate law, including but not limited to commercial transactions, governance and regulatory, board, shareholder, mergers and acquisitions and general administrative services for the Corporate Services practice group to run efficiently.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Paralegal (Corporate Services)” as the subject of the mail.
For Advert Inquiries Tele/+234 806 819 1709 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org