Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Paralegal, Compliance and Ethics, EMEA (Sub Sahara Africa)
Job ref.: 19000CCB
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Paralegal, Compliance and Ethics, for Oracle Corporation, EMEA (Sub Sahara Africa)
- Oracle has an unwavering commitment to comply with the laws of the United States and other countries in which it operates and to act with integrity in all its business dealings. The Compliance & Ethics (“C&E”) team helps Oracle ensure that its business is conducted in accordance with internal policy and applicable law.
- The EMEA Compliance and Ethics team is seeking to hire a junior paralegal to be based in Lagos, Nigeria to provide support for Oracle’s local regional Compliance and Ethics (C&E) Counsel responsible for Sub Sahara Africa. The role will help implement and execute Oracle’s compliance program
- This will include enforcing Oracle’s compliance policies by providing assistance with internal investigations and remediation actions, handling requests routed to the Compliance and Ethics organization, delivering training and guidance to Oracle employees and business partners on Oracle policy and applicable law and implementing partner and supplier due diligence guidelines
- This role is ideally suited for a junior lawyer/ legal counsel seeking to gain experience and create expertise in the compliance and ethics program of a large multi-national company
- The role will provide an opportunity to develop legal, organizational and communication skills and to work with experienced lawyers in multiple jurisdictions, in particular Sub Sahara Africa.
- This role will be reporting into the Senior Managing Counsel, compliance and Ethics based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Investigations & Remediation:
- Support local regional C&E counsels by assisting in investigations, including assisting with case management data entry, tracking, analytics and system reporting in order to prepare reports C&E headquarters.
- Support local regional C&E counsels to execute on programmatic initiatives and/or remedial measures, and to ensure such measures are promptly implemented.
- Review of events and any related expenses, such as meals, gifts and entertainment to ensure compliance with Oracle policy.
- Review disclosure of potential conflicts of interest and ensure that mitigation plans are implemented where appropriate.
Partner and Supplier Reviews:
- Handle escalations of Oracle partner and supplier reviews that arise through investigations or due diligence
- Use investigation metrics to identify trends and areas of compliance risk and work with local regional C&E counsels to design a plan to mitigate the risk.
- Work with local regional C&E counsels to identify common concerns across the region and establish common standards and propagate best practices.
- Support local regional C&E counsels working with other business stakeholders to monitor and implement suggested further control enhancements to help improve and develop Oracle’s Compliance and Ethics Program.
Training & Communication:
- Assist in developing and delivering live training curriculums
- Work with C&E counsel to develop and deliver regular communication to Oracle employees concerning Oracle’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Collect and collate employee feedback on the effectiveness of Oracle’s compliance policies, trainings and communications
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Provides paralegal support to one of the Legal Department’s specialty practice groups.
- Drafts legal agreements, correspondence and other legal documents. Proficient in a specific area of law. Responds to legal inquiries. Performs legal research and legal filings. Other various projects as assigned.
- Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Computer proficient. Has strong management, research and organizational skills and is detail oriented. Strong written and verbal communication skills. BA/BS degree or related experience and 2 – 5 years relevant legal experience. Paralegal certificate preferred.
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process
- This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
- Bachelor’s or Law Degree from top institutions
- 1- 3 years post qualification experience
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English required
- Based in Nigeria. Ability to travel up to 20% in the region as required
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and prioritize work to meet business requirements
- Excellent judgment and capacity to make decisions that demonstrate an unwavering commitment to integrity and ethical decision making
- A high level of passion, self-motivation, responsiveness and adaptability
- In addition to fluent written and spoken English, the ability to speak and write fluently in an additional language is strongly preferred
- Practical and effective problem analysis and resolution
- Previous experience with compliance and ethics topics and anticorruption
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).