The Federal Government has said the country is not offering any new foreign scholarship opportunities to Nigerian students under the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) programme.

Minister of Education, Dr. Tunji Alausa, in a statement, on Friday, said the explanation was in response to online reports suggesting a contradiction between the reported discontinuation of the BEA scheme and its appearance in the current budget.

The minister urged the public to disregard misleading interpretations of budget figures that fail to reflect the technical realities of budget formulation and roll over practices.

He explained that the allocations in question originated from the 2025 national budget, which had already been passed and signed into law before the Federal Government halted the processing of new BEA scholarship awards around April and May of that year.

He noted that due to the structure of Nigeria’s budgeting system, provisions contained in an already approved budget cannot be removed retroactively, and as a result, the BEA component remained intact within the 2025 budget framework.

The minister further explained that the 2026 budget currently in operation is largely a roll-over of the 2025 fiscal plan, with approximately 30 per cent retained from the previous year and 70 per cent projected into the current cycle. “Consequently, all existing budget lines, including those relating to the BEA scholarship, were carried forward as part of this standard fiscal process,” the statement read.

He emphasised that the continued appearance of the BEA allocation in the budget document is purely procedural and does not indicate the resumption of new scholarship awards under the scheme.

He insisted any formal adjustment to the BEA budget line, as reflected in the 2026 Appropriation Act, could only be effected through an approved virement.

______________________________________________________________________ “Bridging Theory And Courtroom Practice” — Hagler Sunny Okorie, Nathaniel Ngozi Ikeocha Unveil ‘Functional’ Tort Law Book For Nigerian Legal System The book, titled The Law of Torts in Nigeria: A Functional Approach, authored by Professor Hagler Sunny Okorie Ph.D and Ikeocha, Nathaniel Ngozi Esq, offers law students, practitioners, and academics a comprehensive guide to understanding and applying tort law in Nigerian courts. Interested buyers can place orders via the following contact numbers: 08028636615, 08037667945, 08032253813, or +234 902 196 2209. _______________________________________________________________________

“Order Your Copy Now” — Basil Momodu, Esq. Unveils Second Edition Of His Book, "Civil Procedure In Nigeria"

According to the learned author, Basil Momodu Esq. "Law review is a continuum. We will continue to track changes in the law to enrich future editions." Recommended Booksellers: Lagos: 08033855230, Abuja: 08035991379, and others. ______________________________________________________________________ [A MUST HAVE] Evidence Act Demystified With Recent And Contemporary Cases And Materials
“Evidence Act: Complete Annotation” by renowned legal experts Sanni & Etti.
Available now for NGN 40,000 at ASC Publications, 10, Boyle Street, Onikan, Lagos. Beside High Court, TBS. Email publications@ayindesanni.com or WhatsApp +2347056667384. Purchase Link: https://paystack.com/buy/evidence-act-complete-annotation ________________________________________________________________________ “Enhance Legal Practice With Authoritative Reports” — Alexander Payne Offers Comprehensive Law Reports, Spanning Over A Century Of Nigerian Jurisprudence

Interested buyers are encouraged to place their orders and enquiries via: 0704 444 4777, 0704 444 4999, 0818 199 9888 Website: www.alexandernigeria.com