As Deadline For Payment Ends Today
National Executive Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA-NEC) has mandated the Financial Secretary to compile, publish and circulate widely a list of all lawyers who have paid their Bar Practicing Fee.
The National Publicity Secretary, Dr. Nduka Rapulu, disclosed this in a statement titled
“TODAY IS THE DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT OF 2021 ANNUAL BAR PRACTICING FEES”.
According to his statement legal practitioners are by law mandated to pay their Annual Bar Practicing Fee (“BPF”) on or before the 31st day of March of every given year.
Effectively, this means that today – 31st March 2021, is the deadline for payment of the BPF for members who are yet to pay theirs.
“Financial Secretary has the mandate of the NBA National Executive Committee (NEC) to compile, publish and circulate widely a list of all lawyers who have paid their BPF within the timeframe.
“Those who have not paid may, by statute, not only be considered to have committed a professional misconduct but may also be deemed to be unqualified to practice law for the relevant year.”
BPF payments can be made online through your verified membership portal on the NBA website https://nigerianbar.org.ng/membership-portal or at any Access Bank close to you.
The Schedule of BPF per year of call is as follows:
* Senior Advocates & Honourable Benchers – N50,000.
* Legal Practitioners of 15 years & above post call – N25,000.
* Legal Practitioners of 10 – 14 years post call – 17,500.
* Legal Practitioners of 5 – 9 years post call – N10,000.
* Legal Practitioners of 1 – 4 years post call – N5,000.
Please, remember to also write your full name and branch code when making the payment.
- General overview of the Nigerian Employees Compensation Scheme
- Procedure for accessing Compensation under the Scheme
- Compensation for Death, Injury and Diseases
- Compensation for Mental Stress