The Rivers State Judicial Service Commission (the Commission) is established pursuant to the provision contained in Section 197 (1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended). It is noteworthy that the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is one of three (3) State Executive Bodies so provided for.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below in the Customary Courts of Rivers State:
Job Title: Member of Customary Court (Existing Court)
The following are the Existing Courts:
- Customary Court, Abua.
- Customary Court, Akabuka.
- Customary Court, Andoni.
- Customary Court, Bonny.
- Customary Court, Choba.
- Customary Court, Egwi.
- Customary Court, Kpor.
- Customary Court, Ndoni.
- Customary Court, Okwuzi.
- Customary Court, Omoku.
- Customary Court, Opobo.
- Customary Court, Ozuzu.
- Customary Court, Rumuogba.
- Customary Court, Taabaa.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant shall be a Legal Practitioner with not less than five (5) years of post-call experience.
- Applicant must not be above 35 years or less than 30 years of age.
- Applicant must come from within the locality of the court.
The position is pensionable. Salaries are in accordance with the Public / Civil Service Structure.
Application Closing Date
21st November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to upload their Application together with the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae giving the following details:
- Full Name, with Surname first and in Capital Letters.
- Position desired and court.
- Date of birth, town, and local government area of origin.
- Current postal address including GSM phone number.
- Permanent Home Address.
- Marital Status.
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates.
- Academic Qualification(s).
- Work Experience.
- Present Employment, Status, Salary, and Employer.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees.
- Relevant Credentials (Academic / Professional Qualifications, etc.).
- Local government identification.
- Proof of age.
- Proof of completion of National Youth Service/or exemption.
All Applications, together with CV, Photocopies of Credentials including Birth Certificate / Age Declaration, Passport Photograph, Local Government Identification and a Hand written Application signed by the candidate should be addressed and forwarded online to:
Judicial Service Commission,
1st Floor, Block B,
High Court Complex,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.