A Legal Practitioner,Enome J. Amatey, ChMC has stated that the transgressions of the Cross River State Governor, Prof. Ben Ayade against the State Judiciary is not only worrisome but unfortunate.
Mr. Enome has further highlighted ten issues of concerns, considered to be transgressions against the Judiciary by the Executive Governor of the State.
This is contained in a statement he issued which was made available to TheNigeriaLawyer, entitled, “THE MANY TRANSGRESSIONS OF SENATOR BEN. AYADE AGAINST THE JUDICIARY IN CROSS RIVER STATE”.
He highlighted the following ten transgressions:
“1. Unilaterally dissolved the Judicial Service Commission without due process.
2. Set up a kangaroo Judicial Service Commission without due process on 27/11/2019.
3. For selfish reasons, refused to swear in judges appointed by the NJC for over 3 months.
4. Refused to provide vehicles for the appointed Judges for 19 months and counting.
5. Left the Judiciary without a Head (acting or substantive) for 48 days.
6. Left the Judiciary without a substantive Chief Judge for 13 months and counting in spite of the express recommendation of the National Judicial Council.
7. Caused the Judiciary to have three different and successive Acting Chief Judges, with no end in sight.
8. Refused to pay magistrates engaged by his administration for 24 months and counting.
9. Totally neglected the infrastructure in the Judiciary for the entire duration of his administration.
10. Negating the doctrines of independence of the judiciary and separation of powers by persistently meddling in the affairs of the Judiciary in Cross River State.”
Besides, he also stated that the “tenure of the current Acting Chief Judge lapses in 5 days and there is still no clear picture as to the direction the Judiciary is going. Acting Chief Judge No. 4?”, he asked.
“The man is clearly on a mission to destroy the Judiciary in Cross River State. But Cross Riverians are not ready to have this conversation yet”, Enome stated.