Law Firm files a Class Action against Lagos State Office for Disability Affairs for discrimination against persons living with disability in Lagos State and dereliction of duty
The High Court of Lagos State has granted leave to one Ms. Oyetunde to represent over 3 million persons living with disability in Lagos State in a Class Action filed by the firm of Olumide Babalola LP against the Lagos State Office for Disability Affairs and its General Manager.
In Suit No. LD/2207MJR/2018, Justice E. I. Alakija (Mrs.) of the High Court sitting in Lagos granted the following orders on the 31st day of August 2018:
- Leave to apply for judicial for judicial review (mandamus) of the Respondents’ refusal to perform their statutory duties under section 3 and 25 of the Lagos State Special Peoples Law especially for the making of guidelines for welfare of persons living with disability as well as prosecution violators of the law in this regard.
- This suit is certified as a CLASS ACTION for the Applicant and all other persons living with disability in Lagos State. Etc.
Upon the grant of leave, the Applicant has then filed her originating motion praying for the following reliefs:
- AN ORDER OF MANDAMUS compelling the Respondents to issue guidelines for the welfare of the Applicant and members of her class under section 9(1) of the Lagos State Special People’s Law 2010.
- AN ORDER OF MANDAMUS compelling the Respondents to issue directives for designing and buildings so as to make them accessible to and usable by persons living with disability pursuant to section 9(2) of the Lagos State Special People’s Law 2010
- AN ORDER OF MANDAMUS compelling the Respondents to investigate, prosecute and sanction persons/corporate bodies violating the provisions of the Lagos State Special People’s Law 2010 pursuant to sections 9(4), 13 and 20 of the same Lagos State Special People’s Law 2010.
REVEALED: 3 natural ways to get stronger erections, last 25 minutes on bed, and increase manhood size without using drugs. Also, Natural Prostrate Enlargement Remedy.. Get In HERE...Book On Recent Developments In Nigerian Labour And Employment Law--On Sale
For enquiries and order please contact: HYBRID CONSULT, Tel: 08066192650, 08033739869, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.