Guaranty Trust Bank plc is a foremost Financial Institution with business outlays spanning Anglophone and Francophone West Africa, East Africa and Europe. The Bank presently has an Asset Base of over N3.11trillion and employs over 10,000 professionals in Nigeria, Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and the United Kingdom.
We are looking for vibrant people who would work passionately in driving our desire to provide exceptional services to our customers. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking for a highly skilled lawyer to join a dynamic team of world-class legal officers. You will be expected to provide legal advisory services, review and prepare agreements, litigation monitoring and debt recovery.
- You are required to be knowledgeable and familiar with Nigerian laws as well as practice and procedure of various courts in Nigeria. Previous experience in a reputable international or local law firm will be an added advantage.
- LLB (minimum of second class lower division)
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Qualified to practice law in Nigeria (BL)
- Minimum of seven (7) years post-call experience – preferably in a law firm
- Completion of NYSC is mandatory
- Litigation experience
- In depth theoretical and practical understanding of the Nigerian legal system
- Ability to understand and interpret documents/laws
- Arbitration/mediation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding ability to comprehend and analyse transaction documents and statutes
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online