Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft, our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Government Affairs Lead
Job Number: 1075425
Employment Type: Full-Time
Travel: 0-25 %
Role Type: Individual Contributor
Profession: Legal & Corporate Affairs
- Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
- Microsoft has an immediate opportunity for an experienced professional to manage government affairs work in Nigeria, with a minor focus on Sub-Saharan Africa (excluding South Africa) as part of the Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA) team in the Middle East & Africa Multi-Country Cluster (MCC).
- The successful candidate will report to the CELA Lead in MCC and will also have “dotted line” reporting responsibilities to the Government Affairs Lead for Middle East & Africa.
- Program Development – You shape Microsoft’s policy agenda to address complex governmental issues / affairs and business priorities, and develop and/or recommend highly impactful solutions for advancing the agenda while managing risks and consequences; you develop processes to facilitate program outreach and execution, assessing the feasibility of extending the program to advance Microsoft’s policy and/or political agenda.
- External Communication – You direct and align complex or conflicting policy with Microsoft’s goals and strategies; you enhance company reputation by driving a communication framework and messaging for Government Affairs; you participate in and assist in developing internal/external events to drive Government Affairs’ objectives and social media engagement.
- External Relationships – You develop and influence partnerships with coalitions, the Public Sector, and relevant interests groups to achieve desired regulatory and/or legislative outcomes; you lead the implementation of improvements to initiatives based on community and stakeholder feedback; you establish Microsoft’s reputation as a globally trusted provider of technology and you assist in navigating and minimizing roadblocks.
- Internal Collaboration – You advocate for and manage policy issues and lead Microsoft’s engagement with internal stakeholders related to government affairs; you support senior stakeholders by regularly counselling on public policy, geo-political topics and/or cultural context; you provide direction to teammates and you act as a project lead across countries and teams.
- Business Acumen – The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business’s competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business and reduce operating costs; and awareness of the environment for opportunities.
- Formal Presentations – The ability to create and deliver formal presentations to others. This includes sharing information on a range of topics in a clear, concise, engaging and convincing manner; commanding the audience’s attention; developing effective presentation materials (e.g., handouts, visual aids); and handling questions or argumentative positions from the audience.
- Documentation – The ability to draft or review policy documents, whitepapers and other external or internal facing documents. This includes the willingness to proactively share documentation with other members of the Government Affairs community and participate in the drafting and reviewing of documentation that applies beyond your geographical scope.
- Corporate Partnerships – The ability to develop and leverage strategic internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals. This includes the ability to engage key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of the Government Affairs agenda and initiatives; and support associate efforts in these areas.
- Corporate Communications – Knowledge of corporate communications best practices and techniques. This includes knowledge of existing and emerging media and/or communication tools (e.g., print, intranet, internet, electronic, broadcast communications). This also includes the ability to apply knowledge of various media to produce communications material and set and execute public relations strategy.
- Cross-Cultural Skills – The ability to conduct business in multiple cultures. This includes the ability to recognize and adapt to cultural differences in work and communication styles across regions or countries.
- Legal And Regulatory Requirements – Knowledge of the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines, and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
- Legislative Processes – Knowledge of legislative process and political framework. This includes the ability to track all stages of a bill’s progression from introduction to final passage, theories, principles and practices.
- Campaign and Lobbying Regulatory Compliance – Knowledge of local laws related to government affairs including campaign finance laws, election laws and regulations, parliamentary rules, ethics rules, lobbying disclosure laws, and contracting requirements. This includes the ability to ensure compliance of internal and external stakeholders.
- Government Operations – Knowledge of government operations, practices, and stakeholders. This includes the ability to utilize this information in the planning and execution of company activities and events.
- Political Advocacy, Lobbying and Engagement – Knowledge of public opinion and organized engagement to influence the political process. This includes skill in writing political communication materials, and lobbying to compel or persuade key constituencies and elected officials to take action on behalf of the company. This may include regionally specific political knowledge and lobbying skill.
- Technology Policy – The ability to understand, anticipate, and forecast the impact of technology on policy. This includes knowledge and awareness of technology concepts, evolution, innovation, and internal and external technological advancements and trends; and of policy related to technology, including Cloud, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, devices, accessibility, privacy, telecommunications, and internet topics.
- Product Policy – Knowledge of Microsoft products and how they are impacted by public policy. This includes the ability to participate in technical conversations related to products.
Required / Minimum Qualifications
- 6+ years experience in government affairs, corporate affairs, public policy, or government OR Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, political science, Law or related field with 4+ years experience in government affairs, corporate affairs, public policy, or government.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in developing and managing strategic relationships to advocate and influence public / technology policy priorities.
- Familiarity with policy and regulatory challenges facing the technology industry in Nigeria and Sub-Sahara Africa.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Written By Michael DugeriPrice: ₦25,000 The book is comprehensive, in 22 chapters and over 670 pages, and covers. Contact Information Don’t run out of yours! Order here: https://paystack.com/buy/entertainment-law-in-nigeria-issdma or Call/WhatsApp Michael: 08036760623 | email@example.com