COVID-19 no doubt has brought about a new-normal which will affect our lives and activities including the legal profession for a long time.
In view of this, Mr. Kunle Edun, as part of his humble contribution to the many voices on the survival and mentoring of the younger lawyers in this harsh pandemic condition, is hanging out with his friends on this webinar to organize this bootcamp for young lawyers on certain areas of practice that could be of benefit to lawyers. The younger lawyers are most hit during this period and it is high time we started mentoring them for the big league.
Amongst the Speakers are:
• Kunle Edun, Senior Partner with Tri-Lex Partners, Warri. He is a public interest lawyer and presently, the National Publicity Secretary of the NBA. Mr. Kunle Edun will speak on public interest litigation and the untapped benefit in this area.It is predicted that COVID-19 will generate certain new-normals that will instigate violation of rights of citizens by governments especially. His talk will examine some of these areas that lawyers can begin to look at.
• Sam Aiboni is a Senior Partner at Victoria Chambers, Lagos. He is an Oil and Gas policy expert. He returned to private practice after working at Shell Producing Development Co. Ltd. for several years and at some point served as the Secretary Gas Aggregation Company of Nigeria. He will be speaking on the competence framework for Business Lawyers where he will introduce lawyers to the benefits of seeing their practice as businesses and the opportunities available.
• Arierhie Patrick Okuneh is a legislative expert and Senior Special Assistant to the Deputy President of the Senate. He is a Senior Partner at Quest and Meaning Solicitors, Abuja and the CEO of Coursecourt Concept publishers of www.coursecourt.com. He will be speaking on Legislative advocacy and Parliamentary practice as areas of practice that are sparsely traveled by lawyers and the benefits in venturing into same.
* Chukwuma Ezeala is the Managing Partner of Chancellor Chambers, Victoria Island, Lagos and the President, Catholic Lawyers Association of Nigeria. Mr. Ezeala will be talking on career development for young lawyers – steps to keep afloat even when not employed. He will also talk on Alternative Dispute Resolution, ADR,
as a job creating phenomenon for practitioners.
• Omololu Bagbe is the Chairman Okitipupa branch. He is to speak on professional ethics. So that as young lawyers develop these areas of practice and continue to explore other new practice areas, they should be mindful of the ethics guiding our conducts as legal practitioners, so as not to run foul of the Rules of Professional Conduct.
The webinar will also feature young and emerging bar influencers, who would also comment on the challenges of young lawyers in Nigeria. We would welcome Auta Nyada (Suleija), Rahila Dauda (Abuja), Ike Augustine (Owerri), Jude Daniel (Abuja) and Patience Etumudon (Asaba).
Lawyers are therefore urged to register and join this bootcamp @ https://www.coursecourt.com/events/kunle-edun-and-friends-on-survival-of-a-young-lawyer-post-covid-19-pandemic/ for the mentoring of the young by the old in this bootcamp organized by Coursecourt Concept.
National Publicity Secretary, NBA
Practical Considerations to Negotiate an Enforceable Joint Operating Agreement in Civil Law Jurisdictions (Netherlands: Kluwer Law International, 2020) By Professor Damilola S. Olawuyi, LL. B (1st Class), BL (1st Class), LL.M (Calgary), LL.M (Harvard), DPhil (Oxford), Professor of Law and Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti, Nigeria, www.damilolaolawuyi.com. & Professor Eduardo G. Pereira, LL. B (Brazil), LL.M (Aberdeen), PhD (Aberdeen),www.eduardogpereira.com
Book information For more information or to order your copies, please contact Mr. Keji Kolawole: firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel: +234 81 40000 988
For Advert Inquiries Tele/+234 806 819 1709 E-mail: email@example.com