#OBSCURELEGALFACTS BY AROME ABU
PENALTY FOR SELLING FOOD AND ALCOHOL AT HOME
In the FCT, it is an offence to use a residential building for the following purposes:
(1) Sale of alcoholic beverages;
(2) As a restaurant;
(3) As hairdressing or barbing saloon;
or for other commercial activities.
Three (3) months imprisonment or N500 fine or both.
See Section 20(d) of the Abuja Environmental Protection Board Act.
Arome Abu is the Principal Partner of TCLP.
CAVEAT: Note that this information is provided for general enlightenment purposes and is not intended to be any form of legal advice.
Obscure Legal Facts is an exclusive daily publication of THE COUNSEL L-P.
Plot 108 Idris Gidado
Way, Wuye, Abuja.
+234 803 262 2359
+234 708 1156 539.
- General overview of the Nigerian Employees Compensation Scheme
- Procedure for accessing Compensation under the Scheme
- Compensation for Death, Injury and Diseases
- Compensation for Mental Stress