The Muslims Lawyers’ Association of Nigeria has said that it appreciates the plan by Kukah Centre, an initiative of Bishop Hassan Mathew Kukah to train some Amaljiris in the Northern part of Nigeria, but rejects the plan based on historical records that the plan is designed to convert the children to Christianity.
According to MULAN, the plan can only be welcomed if it is executed by Islamic Scholars and institutions.
The Group passed this resolution among others in a meeting held by the National Executive Council (NEC) from the 19th to 20th of January, 2019, made available to TheNigerialawyer (TNL).
COMMUNIQUÉ OF THE MUSLIM LAWYERS’ ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL (NEC) MEETING HELD FROM 19TH TO 20TH OF JANUARY, 2019 (12TH – 13TH JUMADA AL-AWWAL, 1440 AH)
The Muslim Lawyers’ Association of Nigeria (“MULAN”) held her National Executive Council Meeting from 19th to 20th of January, 2019 (12th to 13th Jumada Al-Awwal, 1440 AH) at Ta ‘al Conference Hotel, Jos Road, Lafia Nasarawa State.
The opening ceremony which was chaired by Dr. Hassan Liman PhD, SAN, had in attendance, the Attorney-General of Nasarawa State, Dr. AbdulKareem A. Kana who represented His Excellency, the Governor of the State Alhaji Umar Tanko Almakura, Hon. Justice Y.U Mohammad of the Sharia Court of Appeal Nasarawa State, Dr, Suleiman I. Nichi, Dean Faculty of Law, Nasarawa State University Keffi presented a paper on the topic: Advancing MULAN. Other dignitaries at the opening ceremony include Hon. Abubakar M. Usman – Chairman Judiciary Committee of the Nasarrawa State House of Assembly, Qadi Aliyu Ibrahim, Alhaji Ahmad Sani, the Deputy Chief Registrar, High Court of Justice Lafia, Nasarawa State, Alhaji Tijani Inuwa Dutse, Former Attorney General of Jigawa State, Alhaji Ibrahim Umar, Former Attorney General of Bauchi State, Habeeb Lawal Esq. representing the National President, Nigerian Bar Association, Paul Usoro SAN and Ishaku Mudi Dikko, SAN.
The Association agreed that commitment to democratic principles, adequate involvement in community issues, building effective structures and collaboration with other organisations are necessary to move the association forward. The NEC further considered issues of national importance and observed and resolved as follows:
1. That the Association frowns at any act or conduct whether from within or outside the Bar and Bench that has resulted in the ugly situation of desecrating the legal profession and the institution of justice in Nigeria and, therefore, calls on all stakeholders in the judiciary to wean themselves completely of any act or conduct capable of encouraging or justifying the negative perception the general public have of the judiciary at present.
2. That the Association supports the current campaign against corruption and corrupt practices in Nigeria however the fight must be carried out in strict adherence to the process of the Rule of law, however sheer technicalities without more should not be employed to defeat the course of justice and frustrate the fight.
3. That the Association appreciates the concern of the Kukah Centre, an initiative of Bishop Hassan Mathew Kukah, to take custody and training of Almajiris in the North, however it rejects this plan which, based on historical and extant facts in Nigeria, is designed to convert these children to Christianity. MULAN states without any equivocation that whatever noble goals the Bishop and his Centre have for the almajiris can and should be wholly executed by Muslim scholars and organizations at institutions operated by them.
4. That as the 2019 elections draw closer MULAN urges the political parties and all participants to be good sportsmen and not to engage in activities that will cause unnecessary anxieties, fears and tension in the polity or create acrimonious relationship or worsen the security situation in the country due to their desperation to get access to political power.
5. That MULAN offers her hands of fellowship to well meaning and responsible persons, institutions and organizations in Nigeria irrespective of faith to join in advancing the interests of all Nigerians and humanity.
MULAN appreciates the support and participation of everyone towards the success of the NEC and prays that Allah (SWT) return all of them to their various destinations safely and reward all abundantly. To our creator, we say: Alhamdulillah RabbIL Alamin .
Dated 20th January, 2019 (13th Jumada Al-Awwal, 1440 AH)
REVEALED: 3 natural ways to get stronger erections, last 25 minutes on bed, and increase manhood size without using drugs. Also, Natural Prostrate Enlargement Remedy.. Get In HERE...
Send your press release/articles to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Click here Subscribe to our BBM Channel: C01142506 Follow us on Twitter at @Nigerialawyers and Facebook at facebook.com/thenigerialawyer