GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely.
GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Regional General Counsel – Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA)
Job ID: 3352454
- This role covers Gas Power Systems (GPS), Power Services (PS) and Power HQ. This role will report to the General Counsel of GPS & PS with a strong line to the regional operational leader the CEO of GPS & PS for SubSahara Africa.
- The role is responsible for leading the legal team for GPS and PS. Provide general counsel to a $500MM business in SSA and work with the wider GE Legal team.
- Partner closely with the regional SSA CEO and staff, including, the ITO and OTR leaders to drive business growth, compliance initiatives, and minimize risk to the business.
In this position, you will:
- Cradle to grave responsibility for managing legal matters for products, services and projects through the ITO, OTR and dispute phases
- Act as the “go to” commercial counsel for the business in SSA providing general and strategic advice and insuring the business segments get adequate support from GE’s specialists (Litigation, IP) and GE Legal COEs in International Trade Controls; Labor & Employment & Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advise leadership team on a wide variety of legal issues related to compliance
- Business deal structuring, contracts and negotiations
- Coordinate with inside counsel and outside counsel on a regular basis as required by role
- Manage legal budget to minimize excess use of outside counsel
- Provide legal counseling to managers and employees as needed
- Train teams on terms and conditions issues, compliance, dispute management as well as business strategies
- Work with other members of the team to identify and implement process improvements
- Minimum of 15 years of legal experience with law firm and/or corporate legal department
- Admission to a qualified Bar or, depending on location, a Legal degree from an accredited law school and the capability for inhouse qualification status
- Must have demonstrable superior academic record and training
- Fluent English speaker and excellent communication / presentation skills
- Mix of legal experience gained at leading law firms as well as in a corporate environment
- Ability to manage multiple matters in a global environment, set priorities and drive projects to conclusion
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to work effectively at all levels of the organization and externally
- Proven team leadership experience and ability to function as a senior member of a management team
- Solid judgment and business sense, ability to play a significant business role
- Power Industry Experience, and complex projects experience
- French/Portuguese language skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online