This training is designed to provide participants with a solid understanding of how law and finance work together in the private equity industry to ensure informed decision-making. Focusing on key legal steps and documentation with sample agreements, participants will learn about the latest trends, developments and legal issues facing the private equity industry.
The Facilitators will guide you through the common pitfalls and different contractual terms, the stages of a private equity transaction from preliminary steps to exit, impact of due diligence including management, the importance of warranties for private equity, and the important legal issues to consider when establishing and managing a private equity transaction.
According to Lere Fashola, Founder of ESQ Practical Lawyers Academy, this training will also provide participants with an understanding of what constitutes venture capital, who are involved and how they are involved. With an in-depth insight into the process, activities and skill set required as a participant from the development of an investment initiative through to exit.
Lere Fashola further stated that Venture capital is a relatively new and vibrant area of finance that is constantly changing and being driven by the demands of those involved, together with the influence of the likes of financial markets and regulatory authorities. As a consequence, the course aims to provide participants with both traditional and contemporary perspectives and insights into a very important growth area of finance.
What You Will Learn
- The core principles of private equity and how they have developed – from both for-profit and not-for profit perspectives
- The finance lifecycle in influencing the nature and substance of private equity activity
- How to evaluate and value the different types of synergies and/or control benefits arising from a proposed investment or acquisition
- To demonstrate the above quantitatively within a basic spreadsheet model
- To apply best practice principles when managing an investment or acquired business to create value for a potentially successful exit
- The complexities of the structuring (and restructuring) of private equity investments, and the range of financial instruments that can be used to fund them
- The importance of and techniques for thorough risk analysis and comprehensive due diligence
- The basic principles of venture capital, how they have developed among a diverse range of participants, with both for-profit and not-for profit primary objectives
- The importance of the finance lifecycle in influencing the nature and substance of venture capital activity
- The different types of synergies and/or control benefits arising from a proposed venture capital investment and how to evaluate/value them
- The principles of how to manage a venture capital investment to create value for a potentially successful exit
- The structuring (and restructuring) of venture capital investments, and the range of financial instruments that can be used to fund them
Date: 23 – 24 March 2021
Time: 9:00am daily
Register here: Registration Link: cutt.ly/MOPEAVC2021
For contact and enquiries about this training, kindly contact Tayo (Tel: 08132676084, Email: email@example.com) or Tosin (08094403711 – firstname.lastname@example.org)