So you think now that law school is over you don’t have to read anymore? This is the time that you should be reading every single useful book you can get your hands on! Save yourselves years of countless mistakes and bad judgment calls, and learn from experienced attorneys and veterans of our industry.
No matter how busy you may be, try and find a few minutes each night before bed to read a helpful book. If reading isn’t your thing anymore, most of these come in the form of audio-books you can download and throw on your phone or CD for your commute to and from work every day (unless of course you work from your home).
Our top 5 favorite books for lawyers, in no particular order, are as follows:
1. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. This book provides tips and ideas for solving personal and professional problems, providing a path for fair and moral living that allow any individual to adapt to changes and take advantage of opportunities.
2. How to Argue & Win Every Time: At Home, At Work, In Court, Everywhere, Everyday by Gerry Spence. This is an older book, but is still relevant in today’s courtroom and society. This book gives the author’s Laws of Arguing, and reminds every lawyer that they are capable of making the winning argument in any situation.
3. Making Your Case: The Art of Persuading Judges by Antonin Scalia and Bryan A. Garner. This book is a testament to both speaking and writing persuasively. The authors present their ideas about persuasion, yet do so in an entertaining way that keeps you turning the page.
4. MacCarthy on Cross Examination by Terence MacCarthy. This book is a great read for any trial lawyer, as it goes into detail about how to manage any witness on the stand. MacCarthy provides real world examples to illustrate his three main points that run throughout the book.
5. A Civil Action by Jonathan Harr. This book discusses the ugly side of the law and shows that justice can sometimes be elusive by delving into a true story of a difficult case against two corporate giants. If you don’t think you have time to read 500 pages, there is also a movie by the same name, featuring John Travolta, Robert Duvall, and more.
if you’re a Nigeria and have a book for lawyer contact Us….firstname.lastname@example.org
For Advert Inquiries Tele/+234 806 819 1709 E-mail: email@example.com