The High Court II in Gusau presided over by Justice Bello Aliyu Gusau has issued an order of interim injunction restraining the defendants from giving effect to the purported suspension of four lawmakers in Zamfara state.
The defendants are the Speaker of the state house of assembly, Alhaji Sanusi Garba Rikiji, Zamfara state house of assembly and the Clerk of the state house of assembly.
Granting the application, Justice Gusau, said” I have perused affidavit in support and affidavit in urgency, I considered the written address of learned counsel; I’m satisfied it will serve the interest of parties if the application is granted, the application be and is hereby granted as per the motion papers.”
The nine orders of interim injunction issued by the court, which are pending the determination of the motion on notice for interlocutory injunction include:
- restraining the ad hoc committee purportedly set up by the defendants on 3rd January 2019 or any other committee or body by whatever named set up or to be set up by the defendants to hear or consider the allegations made against the plaintiffs.
- An interim order of mandatory injunction compelling the defendants by themselves, agents or privies or officials to continue to accord to the plaintiffs all the right and privileges that accrued to members of the state house of Assembly.
- Restraining the defendants by themselves, agents or officials from denying the plaintiffs their rights to salaries, allowances emoluments and other benefits accruing to them.
- An order of interim injunction restraining the defendants by themselves, agents, privies or officials from preventing the plaintiffs from taking part in sittings deliberations and activities of Zamfara state house of assembly; and
- An order of interim injunction restraining the defendants by themselves agents, privies or officials from initiating or further initiating, deliberation upon taking any decision that may affect the offices of the deputy governor of Zamfara state in the absence or without affording the plaintiffs every member of the state house of assembly an opportunity to participate therein.
It would be recalled that, a couple of weeks ago, four lawmakers of the state house of assembly namely Abdullahi Muhammad Dansadau , Mani Malam Mumini, Salisu Musa Tsafe and Mansur Ahmed Bungudu were suspended over their alleged ties with Group 8.
Revealed! How I finally got rid of STDs and UTI infections naturally, completely and became free… it’s 100% natural and has no side effects!Themes on the New Employees’ Compensation Act ---Order now!!
For enquiries and order please contact: HYBRID CONSULT, Tel: 08066192650, 08033739869, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.