#OBSCURELEGALFACTS by Arome Abu.
OFFENCES AGAINST THE NIGERIA PASSPORT .
In Nigeria, the Nigerian Passport is the property of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, consequently, it is an offence for any person:
(1) To have or be in unauthorised possession of MORE THAN ONE valid Nigerian passport;
(3) To tamper with or mutilate any pages of the passport;
(4) To give false information for the purpose of procuring a passport;
(5) Not being a citizen of Nigeria to have or be in possession of the Nigerian passport.
(6) In the event of loss of passport, to fail to notify proper authorities of loss;
1 Year Imprisonemnt
See Sections 1 of the Passport (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act.
Arome Abu is the Managing Partner of Abu & Olaniyan Partners.
CAVEAT: Note that this information is provided for general enlightenment purposes and is not intended to be any form of legal advice.
Obscure Legal Facts is an exclusive daily publication of Abu & Olaniyan Partners.
Plot 108 Idris Gidado Way, Wuye, Abuja.
+234 803 262 2359
+234 708 1156 539.