The Obafemi Awolowo University is a comprehensive public institution established in 1962 as The University of Ife. The University is situated on a vast expanse of land totaling 11,861 hectares in Ile-Ife, Osun State, southwest of Nigeria. The University comprises the central campus, the student residential area, the staff quarters and a Teaching and Research Farm.
The central campus comprises the academic, administrative units and service centers while the student residential area is made up of 10 undergraduate hostels and a postgraduate hall of residence. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lecturer II (CONNUAS 03)
Location: Ile Ife
Area of Specialization: Law
* Candidates should possess a Bachelors Degree with not less than Second Class Upper Division; He/She should have Nigerian Law School (B.L.) Certification.
* He/She should also possess LLM or M.Phil.
* Evidence of research and publications in relevant peer reviewed academic journals will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 35 copies of their applications and up-to-date curriculum vitae giving the following information in order as listed below:
* Full Name (Surname first in capital letters).
* Post Applied for.
* Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit).
* State of Origin, Senatorial District and Local Government Area (if a Nigerian)
* Contact Details (Home Address, Postal Address/E-mail address(es)/ Mobile Phone Numbers).
* Marital Status.
* Number of Children and their Ages.
* Next Kin
* Contact Details of next of Kin (Home Address, Postal Address/E-mail address(es)/ Mobile Phone Numbers).
* Institutions attended with dates.
* Academic/Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credentials).
* Work Experience with dates.
* Present Employment, Status and Salary (if any).
* Research interests and activities
* Conference/courses attended (state titles of papers presented if any).
* Professional accomplishment.
* Publications with date.
* Service to national and international bodies.
* Extra Curricular Activities.
* Any physical challenge?
* Names and address of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with candidate’s academic/work experience.
Candidates applying for this position are advised to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar. The reports should be duly marked “CONFIDENTIAL”.
Applications and curriculum vitae of all interested candidates are to be forwarded to:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
“for the attention of Director of Personnel Affairs”
Candidates are also required to forward a soft copy of their application and curriculum vitae by e-mail (as an attachment) to: firstname.lastname@example.org within the specified period. Only the applications of candidates short-listed will be acknowledged.