By Bayo Akinlade
1. Page 56 UBL S. 11(a) – only the president of NBA can compose members of a CARETAKER COMMITTEE (CC)
2. S. 11, Ss(b) – CC can only be appointed after the expiration of a tenure
3. GS has no powers under the NBA constitution to deal with branches directly, only the Vice Presidents have that duty
4. Powers to appoint members of any committee lies with the president subject to ratification by NEC (Pg 27) THEREFORE the GS ERRED in appointing the members of the BEMC and CC.
5. Page 63 SS. (5) Decisions of the Electoral committee are final. THE GS ERRED IN REVERSING THE DECISIONS OF THE BRANCH EC BASED ON RECOMMENDATIONS OF COMMITTEES HE HAD NO POWERS TO APPOINT
6. page 65 SS(2) Appeals on the decisions of the EC lies first to the said EC and not to the National Office.
7. Page 66 (5) the UBL reiterates that decisions of the EC ARE FINAL
On what section of the NBA Constitution did the General Secretary do the following:
1. Direct the Branch Chairman to halt all activities concerning elections
2. Appoint a BEMC
3. Direct that the Branch Election Committee was dissolved
4. Disqualify a candidate and qualifying candidates already disqualified by the BRANCH EC
5. DECLARING THAT AN ELECTION VALIDLY HELD WAS NULL AND VOID
6. APPOINTING A CARETAKER COMMITTEE FOR A BRANCH MADE UP OF PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT MEMBERS OF THE BRANCH
THERE MUST BE ANSWERS