The President of the Nigerian Bar Association, has constituted the NBA Elections Monitoring Team to monitor the oncoming General Elections in Nigeria.
The Team is made of twenty-two members with Mazi Adam Osigwe as Chairman.
Editor-In-Chief of TheNigerialawyer (TNL) has also been appointed a member of the Committee.
Below reads the press statement
NBA NATIONAL COMMITTEE FOR THE MONITORING OF THE 2019 NATIONAL ELECTIONS.
- I am pleased to announce the constitution of a Committee, at the National NBA Level, made up of the underlisted members, to monitor and report on the 2019 National Elections.
Nos. Name Gender Position
|1.||Mazi Afam Osigwe||M||Chairman|
|2 .||Olalekan Thanni||M||Member|
|3.||Ato J Bulus||M||Member|
|4.||Rosemary N Emovon||F||Member|
|8.||Saliu 0 Jimoh||M||Member|
|9.||Mohammed Muntasir Adamu||M||Member|
|12 .||Moses Ede||M||Member|
|14.||Abibat Delayo Oriekun||F||Member|
|15.||Endung Anthony Idoko||F||Member|
|18.||Adija Abok Nyam||F||Member|
|19.||Unini Chioma k||F||Member|
|20.||Isah Abubakar Aliyu||M||Member|
|2 1.||Habeeb Lawal Akorede||M||Natl Asst. Publicity Sec|
|22 .||Liman Salihu||M||Secretary|
- Prior to their appointment , I spoke on this assignment with each of the afore listed Committee members and I thank them for agreeing to I thank in particular, Ma zi Afam Osigwe, for accepting to serve as the Chairman of the Committee. The 2015 National Elections were conducted during his tenure as the General Secretary of the NBA and it is the experience and skills that he garnered at the time in monitoring those Elections, amongst other attributes, that recommend him for this assignment.
3. Almost all our colleagues that served in our Monitoring Committee for the Osun Governorship Elections (“Osun Monitoring Committee”) that were held in September 2018 have been reconstituted into this enlarged National Committee. The Osun Monitoring Committee did the NBA very proud in all respects and we are building on the credibility of that team and their report of that Election in carrying out the present assignment.
4. In each State of the Federation (the Federal Capital Territory inclusive), we have, in collaboration with the Branches in the States constituted monitoring committees that would work with the National Monitoring Team in monitoring and reporting on the Elections in the respective States. We thank the Branches for their support and assistance in carrying out this national assignment and count on the professionalism, devotion to duties and patriotic spirit of the constituted teams in the various States.
5. The National Monitoring Team will operate mostly from Abuja but would maintain direct and unbroken communication with the feeder teams in the various States of the Federation. National Officers and our Secretariat personnel will also be on hand to assist both at the State and National levels. Our members with ideas and suggestions for the teams are welcome to pass them on either directly to the Chairman of the National Committee or through our National Secretariat.
6. The task before the Committees is enormous but we have confidence in the teams that we have constituted both at the national and State levels and we assure Nigerians that the NBA will live up to its reputation for fact-based reporting, nonpartisanship, integrity and objectivity in its monitoring of the Elections, not any different from our monitoring and reporting of the Osun Governorship Elections which remains a Nigerian reference point in election monitoring and reporting.
Paul Usoro, SAN President
Revealed! How I finally got rid of STDs and UTI infections naturally, completely and became free… it’s 100% natural and has no side effects!Themes on the New Employees’ Compensation Act ---Order now!!
For enquiries and order please contact: HYBRID CONSULT, Tel: 08066192650, 08033739869, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.