The NBA Lagos Branch has through her Financial Secretary, Carol Obi (Mrs), issued a notice containing the procedure with which the 2019 Bar Practicing fees and dues can be easily paid.
The notice also outlines the amount to be paid by each lawyer based on the post-call years calculation.
PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT OF 2019 LAGOS BRANCH DUES/PRACTICING FEES
1. Pay your Branch Dues at any Branch of Access Bank: Account Name: NIGERIAN BAR ASSOCIATION LAGOS BRANCH Account number (0723555702). You can also pay via POS terminal at the branch office NOTE!!! PLEASE DO NOT PAY CASH TO ANY NBA STAFF.
2. Take your teller to Branch Office at suite 105/108 West Wing, 2nd floor City Hall Catholic Mission Street Lagos and obtain your branch receipt. NOTE ALL TELLERS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE BRANCH OFFICE ON OR BEFORE 1ST OF APRIL 2019.
BRANCH DUES PAYMENT SCHEDULE/SELF ASSESSMENT
S/NO. YEAR OF CALL BRANCH DUES PAYABLE
1. 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 N4, 500
2. 2014, 2013, 2012, & 2011 N6, 000
3. 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, & 2005, N8, 500
4. 2004, 2003, 2002, & 2001 N10, 500
5. 1999, & before (20 YEARS & ABOVE)N13, 500
6. SAN AND BENCHERS N18, 500
NOTE: The Insurance Fee (OPTIONAL) of N3500 is included in the computation of the branch dues.
PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT OF PRACTICING FEES:
1. Go to the under listed banks and pay the prescribed fees as shown in the payment schedule below.
Account Name: SUPREME COURT OF NIGERIA [BPF]
Bank Name: Access Bank Plc.
Account Number: 0000976716
Branch Code: 058
PRACTICING FEES PAYMENT SCHEDULE/SELF ASSESSMENT
S/NO. YEAR OF CALL PRACTICING FEE PAYABLE
1. 2019, 2018, 2017, & 2016 N5, 000
2. 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, & 2011 N10, 000
3. 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007,& 2006 N17, 500
4. 2005,(15 YEARS & ABOVE) N25, 000
5. SAN AND BENCHERS N50, 000
Retain the duplicate teller and take photocopy of the teller to NBA Lagos branch office at suite 105/108 West Wing, 1st floor, City Hall, Catholic Mission Street Lagos. Teller will be sent to the NBA National Secretariat on your behalf for their record. Please note that the Branch DOES NOT and CANNOT generate receipt for Practicing Fees hence you will be notified if and whenever the Branch is in receipt of your Bar Practicing Fees Receipt or whatever maybe issued from the national body.
1. In assessing yourself for the right amount to pay, please note that in the computation of year of call that you are a year at the Bar from the very year of call and not from the anniversary of your year of call. E.g. a Lawyer called to the Bar in December 2015 pays for 5 years etc.
2. Underpayment simply means paying sums not commensurate with your year and such payment are void payments and does not count for you or the branch if not rectified before 31st March 2019 for Practicing Fees and Branch Dues.
3. Please request for the specialized tellers at the bank for payment of practicing fees. However, where there are no specialized tellers available at the bank please use general tellers indicating the following fundamental details in your teller: Full names as contained in your call to Bar Certificate; Year of Payment (2019); Branch Code (058); Year of Call; Amount Paid & Mobile Phone No.
4. Submit a clear & legible copy of the Practicing Fees Teller at the Bar Centre.
ACCESS BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NO.: 0694192920.
For further information please forward your enquiries to the undersigned through either the email address or the mobile telephone number below.
Thank you very much and have a successful 2019.
CAROL OBI (MRS)
NBA Lagos Branch
Caroosto@gmail.com 08179257448, 08033042580
Revealed! How I finally got rid of STDs and UTI infections naturally, completely and became free… it’s 100% natural and has no side effects!Themes on the New Employees’ Compensation Act ---Order now!!
For enquiries and order please contact: HYBRID CONSULT, Tel: 08066192650, 08033739869, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.