In response to the recent reports of cultism related crimes and insecurity within Ikorodu, NBA Ikorodu Branch has put in motion a strategy in partnership with NOT TOO YOUNG TO RUN Organization to combat the problem of cultism.
The NBA Ikorodu Branch Anti-Cultism and Community Youth Empowerment Intervention Committee [ACE Inc.] was set up by the Chairman of NBA Ikorodu Branch, Bayo Akinlade Esq to provide support and interventions for youth empowerment and education. The Committee consist of volunteer members of the Branch who will engage with the community to reduce the prevalence of cultism within Ikorodu.
Mr. Akinlade notes that ACE Inc was established for the following reasons:
1. To find the root cause of Cultism in Ikorodu for the purpose of proffering solutions in combating this menace
2. To provide support for Ikorodu Youths movements that aim at empowering youths and securing a better future for them
3. So support security agencies, Federal and State Agencies in combating Cultism in Ikorodu
4. To provide legal support for youths wrongly accused of Cultism
5. To support research and educational outreaches for the prevention of cultism in Ikorodu
6. To provide expertise and any other form of support for youths in Ikorodu for the purpose of deterring them from joining a cult
7. To regularly undertake sensitisation programs in partnership with public and private stakeholders.
8. To do all other such activities and program that will promote its aims and objects.
Mr. Akinlade says that the NBA has a primary responsibility to the communities by ensuring that we play our part as members of the community in the preservation of life and property; we show people that we care