Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client, a reputable Law firm situated in Lagos, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
An experienced Legal Counsel to provide legal advice to clients in the areas of:
* Legal Advice
* Drafting and reviewing of Agreement
* Court Appearance
* Legal Research
* Intellectual Property
* The legal Counsel Represent clients in litigation and other legal proceedings, draw up legal documents, and manage or advise clients on legal transactions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Conduct legal research and gathering of evidence to formulate defence or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
* Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
* Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
* Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
* Drafting documents, letters and contracts tailored to the client’s individual needs;
* Represent clients in court or before government agencies.
* Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
* Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
Broad, overview experience in intellectual property law, including patent law, licensing of IP rights and IP due diligence.
* Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
* Perform administrative, Secretarial and management functions related to the practice of law.
* Negotiating with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives;
* Meeting and interviewing clients to establish the firm’s suitability to provide the necessary advice and services, based on the firm’s specialism and likely cost;
* Working in a team, sometimes referring cases to the head of department;
* Supervising and delegating work to trainee solicitors, paralegals and legal secretaries as appropriate;
* Issuing of engagement letters to clients;
* Ensuring prompt approval of draft/work submitted;
* Mastering case file and contributing to court presentation;
* Ensuring case files are neatly ordered;
* Ensuring filing of all processes and letters received;
* Supervising processing of record of proceeding/court orders;
* Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Competencies
* The candidate must demonstrate:
* Good Communication Skills
* Organizational Skills
* Analytical Skills
* Leadership Skills
* Feedback &Reporting skills
* Reading and Writing skills
* Microsoft Office skills
* Customer/Client Focus.
* Collaboration Skills.
Education and Experience
* A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) degree from a recognised University.
* A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) degree from Law School.
* LLM Degree will be an added advantage
* Minimum of 4 years post-law school required.
* Have experience in conducting and managing litigation confidently with limited
* Supervision and have a sound understanding and awareness of litigation processes and the application of civil procedure rules (essential)
* Sound staff management experience (desirable)
* Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online