The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is an Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution and is currently the largest public university in West Africa in terms of spread and number of actively registered students. It is a recognized university in the Nigeria University System.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Lecturer II (CONNUAS 3)
Department: Public Law
- NOUN, unlike conventional universities, does not have lecture rooms where students gather for lectures at specified time for specified periods. Its principal academic feature is on development of learning materials which students receive at their various Study Centres in various formats (print, electronic, digital) that serve as lecture materials. Students also engage with course facilitators and counselors in these various centres to facilitate their learning.
- Lecturers in NOUN must therefore be well published nationally and internationally. Publications must be by recognised university press, recognised international publishers or recognised Research Centres, both national and international. NOUN does not accept ‘Open Source’ publications or Predatory Junk.org publications that are online and will not count them as part of the publication output of potential candidates and neither does the university accept self-published nor self-printed books and articles. Candidates who cannot provide evidence of strong schorlastic output in their academic career will not be shortlisted and therefore need not apply.
The lecturing position will be in this area of specialisation below:
- Public Law
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates should be holders of a PhD Degree from recognised Universities plus registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Additional Information on Requirements:
- Although NOUN encourages young post-doctoral and mid-career aspiring academics, only candidates with PhD degrees will be shortlisted for any of this position. NOUN reserves the right to demand additional qualities from a potential member of the community.
- NOUN will not appoint and promote at the same time, and will place candidates at a salary scale appropriate to their qualifications and experience.
- NOUN will not entertain any petition for upgrade of salary or adjustment in rank once a candidate has been appointed and acceptance letter submitted.
- All appointed staff are required to be physically and actively resident in the respective department either in Lagos, Kaduna or Abuja. NOUN does not have and will not provide staff housing.
- Further, all applicants are expected to be fully computer literate and comprehensively familiar with internet and online technologies of instruction, particularly as it pertains to Open and Distance Learning.
- Candidates who have reached retirement age or were retired from another service need not apply.
- In compliance with Federal Character Commission regulations, NOUN will consider employing applicants from the six Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria and reserves the right to ensure this balance in its shortlisting of potential employees.
The salary and other conditions of service are similar to what obtains in the Nigeria University System. Candidates will be offered position commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Twenty (20) word processed copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following format:
- Full names with surname in Capital
- Functional Email and phone contacts
- Post desired and Department
- Date of Birth, Town and State of Origin, Geopolitical Zone
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address (with Telephone No.)
- Marital Status
- Names, Number and Ages of Children Name and Address of Spouse
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualification with dates
- Work Experience from Date & Status of First Appointment
- Present Employment, status, salary and employer
- List of publications in details i.e Books, Journals, Contributions to Books, Papers presented at National /International Conferences. NOUN will not accept letters from editors indicating acceptance for as yet unpublished works. (If Applicable)
- Extra-curricular activities and any other relevant information
- Reports from three (3) referees should be independently sent to the Registrar, two (2) of the referees must be authorities in the candidates area of specialisation. Candidates whose Referees did not submit their report directly to the Registrar on or before 15th March, 2019 will not be shortlisted for the interview.
All Applications should be sent and addressed to:
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN),
91, Cadastral Zone, University Village,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way,
Jabi, Abuja, Nigeria.
- The post applied for and Department are to be indicated at the top-left corner of the sealed envelope containing the application
- Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview.
REVEALED: 3 natural ways to get stronger erections, last 25 minutes on bed, and increase manhood size without using drugs. Also, Natural Prostrate Enlargement Remedy.. Get In HERE...Send your press release/articles to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Click here Subscribe to our BBM Channel: C01142506 Follow us on Twitter at @Nigerialawyers and Facebook @ facebook.com/thenigerialawyer For Advert Inquiries Tele/+234 806 819 1709 E-mail: email@example.com
Order for your copy now. Call +2347065222225, +2348033334902. Email us @..firstname.lastname@example.org Orlaurelsandprizes@gmail.comThe Electronic Law reports of the Court of Appeal Nigeria. Now Available @ courtofappealreportsnigeria.com
A Report Of The Judgement Of The 16 Divisions Of The Court Of Appeal In Nigeria