The plaintiffs in a suit filed against the Government of Nasarawa State & 13 ors. By Barr. Haruna S. Iliyasu Favour and anor.
Challenging the the legality of appointing 11 sole administrators in Nasarawa State has set the ball rolling on the 25th day of April 2016 with an ex-parte motion. The motion is dated the 21st day of April, 2016 and filed on the same date, supported by 12 paragraphs affidavit duly sworn to by Haruna, S.I Esq. of Haruna Ilyas & Associates.
The motion prayed the court for the following reliefs
1. An order of the court for abridgement of time within which Defendants can enter appearance and file their response to the Applicant’s originating summons.
2. An order of the Hon. Court for accelerated hearing of the Applicant Originating summons.
3. And for such further order(s) as this Court will deem fit to make in the circumstances While moving the motion Y.U Ibrahim, Esq. of Counsel for the plaintiffs/ Applicants adopted the Applicant’s written address annexed to the motion and urged the court to grant their prayers in the interest of justice. The presiding judge, Hon. Justice S.A Ayiwulu held as follows:
Upon consideration of motion ex-parte No: NSD/K23M1/2016 dated the 21st day of April, 2016 and filed on the same date, supported by 12 paragraphs affidavit duly sworn to by Haruna, S.I Esq. of Haruna Ilyas & Associates.
AND AFTER HEARING: Y.U Ibrahim,
Esq. of Counsel for the plaintiffs/
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED:
1. The application has merit. That accordingly, prayer one of the motion papers is granted as prayed. That the time for the Defendants to file their memoranda of appearance, counter affidavits, written addresses and any other processes in this case is abridged.
2. That the Defendants are ordered to file their memoranda of appearance, counter affidavits, written addresses and any other processes in this case in response to originating summons within ten (10) days from the date of service of the originating summons and the order of this court abridging time on them.
3. That prayer two of the motion paper for accelerated hearing is refused as the plaintiff/Applicants have not shown or established any extreme urgency to warrant the grant of an order for accelerated hearing of the originating summons.
4. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED: That there turn date for hearing of the originating summons shall be the 10th
day of May, 2016. Dated the 25th day of April, 2016