A leading law firm in Abuja, Nigeria is enjoying substantial growth and is looking to recruit a dedicated and user-focused individual for the permanent position of a librarian. The right candidate will be friendly, dedicated and a team player and must have relevant experience working in a library within the law environment in Nigeria.
The candidate must display the ability to ensure a cost effective operation of the library, provide strategic direction and leadership in advancing the firm’s research and documentation through the adoption of emerging technology and sound fiscal management. Working directly with the lawyers and exceptional partners, you’ll be given the support you need to fast-track and excel in this position.
- Maintaining an organized library of legal reference books, periodicals, legal databases and reports.
- Researching complex legal issues for lawyers and legal staff.
- Reviewing the latest publications and software from legal content and research companies (LexisNexis, WestLaw, Practical Law, etc.) to make recommendations as to which could improve the firm’s legal practise.
- Leading the function of marketing the library’s print and electronic resources, and develop services useful to the firm based on changing information needs.
- Planning, Designing, Developing and Implementing automated systems for library operations and/or procedures, including design and maintenance of library web pages.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including strong presentation skills.
- Satisfactory knowledge on significant legislation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good client relations.
- High level of integrity and professional accountability.
- Good research and IT skills (experience with spreadsheets, personal computers, and word processing software).
- Good knowledge of online legal databases (LexisNexis, LawPavillion, LegalPedia, EBSCOHost, etc)
- Good knowledge of various types of legal matters related to the operations of an organization.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Good investigative/analytical skills.
- Be able to work long hours.
- Minimum qualification: law degree (LLB).
- 2-year minimum experience working in a law firm or legal organization.
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate or certificate of exemption.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates for the above positions should sent their CVs clearly marked with the job titles to email@example.com with one week from the date of publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.