* As Early Bird Registration will be from 26th May to 30th June
* Reduces Participation Fees Across Board
The Nigerian Bar Association, Technical Committee for Conference Planning, has officially released the new prescribed fee for the 2019 Annual General Conference.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Co-Chair of the TCCP, Olumide Akpata and the National Publicity Secretary of the NBA, Kunle Edun, exclusively made available to TheNigerialawyer (TNL) the registration for the Conference starts on the 26th of May,2019.
“The Technical Committee on Conference Planning (“TCCP”) of the Nigerian Bar Association (“NBA”) wishes to inform members of the Association and the General Public as follows:
- The 59th Annual General Conference (“the Conference”) of the NBA is scheduled to hold in Victoria Island, Lagos from the 23rd to the 29th of August, 2019.
- The Theme of the Conference is “Facing the Future” and it will feature over 30 Technical Sessions at which subject-matter Experts in various fields of human endeavour will lead conversations primarily aimed at envisioning the future of the Legal Profession, within the context of a rapidly changing and evolving world, and anticipate the adaptive measures that practitioners will be required to embrace in light of these imminent changes.
- The main venue of the Conference will be the Convention Centre of the Eko Hotel & Suites in Victoria Island, Lagos while the Harbour Point Event Centre, also in Victoria Island, will serve as an additional venue.
- Attendance at the Conference will be open to all members of the NBA as well as the General Public albeit registration for the Conference can only be procured online by visiting the Conference Website: nbaconference.com or the NBA Website: www.nba.org.ng from Sunday 26th May, 2019.
- The prescribed Fees for participation at the Conference (“Conference Fees”) are as follows:
(26th May – 30th June)
(1st July – 8th August)
(9th – 22nd August)
|1.||1 – 5 years post-call||N 15,000||N 40,000||N 80,000|
|2.||6 – 10 years post-call||N 22,500||N 60,000||N 120,000|
|3.||11 – 15 years post-call||N36,000||N 70,000||N 140,000|
|4.||16 – 20 years post-call||N54,000||N80,000||N 180,000|
|5.||Above 20 years post-call||N 95,000||N 150,000||N 300,000|
|N 190,000||N 300,000||N 500,000|
|7.||Magistrates||N 50,000||N 50,000||N 50,000|
|N 75,000||N 75,000||N 75,000|
|9.||Senior Citizens (Lawyers above 75 years of age)||N 47,500||N 50,000||N 50,000|
|10.||Non-Lawyers||N 100,000||N 100,000||N 100,000|
|11.||International Delegates||USD$ 300||USD$ 300||USD$ 300|
It is to be noted that these Fees represent a significant reduction from the 2018 AGC Early Bird Fees for the different categories of members of the Association.
- 6. For further information on the Conference, members of the Association and the General Public are enjoined to visit the above mentioned websites or contact the TCCP Help-Desk by e-mail:
- or by telephone:
+234 705 682 7698, +234 803 869 5936
+234 905 551 5556.