The two-and-half-year-old girl was allegedly abducted from near a ‘Ramlila’ event outside her home at Ranhola in West Delhi by two men on a motorcycle. She was gang-raped and dumped in the area with severe injuries. The girl had stepped out of her home with her grandmother after a power cut late on Friday night, police said. She was playing while her grandmother sat nearby. The girl reportedly ran towards the main road and witnesses told police two men on a motorcycle had taken her away at about 11 pm. When the grandmother couldn’t locate the girl, she raised an alarm. “The girl’s relatives came to the police station to get a complaint registered, following which we dispatched search teams. The girl was found two hours later behind the bushes in a jungle nearby. She was found to be bleeding,” a police official said. The five-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two men known to her family in Anand Vihar area of East Delhi. The men, reportedly inebriated at the time, dumped her near her home after the assault. “She returned home crying and narrated the episode to her parents, after which the locals hunted the accused down. They were reportedly beaten up by the public and then handed over to police. “Both of them were drunk. We have arrested them and registered a case against them,” a police official said. Officials at the Sanjay Gandhi Hospital said the injuries on the girl’s body and private parts suggested she was brutally assaulted. A medical examination confirmed the rape. The nature of injuries on the private parts suggests she was subjected to torture. Since it happened in a jungle, she even had thorns in her body,” a source said. “We have launched a manhunt for the suspects. So far no one has been arrested,” Pushpenda Kumar, West Delhi police chief, told AFP of the toddler’s case. An officer from Anand Vihar police station comfirmed the arrest of the three men who raped the five-year-old. “Her clothes wee partially torn with blood spots all over them. Some locals saw her and she told them she was sexually assaulted,” the officer said. “Some of the locals then barged into the house and caught them before handing them over to us” the officer added.]]>

Subscribe ToTheNigeriaLawyer News!