The PAN African Lawyers Union, (PALU) has given the guidelines, interested lawyers can follow to become members of the Union. This was made known in a document signed by the President of the Union Emeka J.P. Obegolu, Esq.
The document contains the information on the step by step procedure to be followed to become a member, as well as the benefits that follows in becoming a member of the Union.
Dear Sir or Madam:
Greetings from the Pan African Lawyers Union (PALU), the premier continental forum for lawyers and lawyers’ associations in Africa.
Thank you for your interest in PALU and participating to see a united, just and prosperous Africa, built on the Rule of Law and Good Governance. You are now a few steps away from being part of an eminent continental membership forum for African and International lawyers and African Lawyers’ Associations.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you should become our member today:
1. We will deliver our updates on the legal professions, rule of law, good governance, human and peoples’ rights and socio-economic development of the African Continent as well as updates from our international partners straight to your inbox through our periodical electronic bulletins (e-Bulletins) and monthly electronic newsletter (e-Newsletters);
2. You will be able to access and enlist in a premier continental networking platform and have unprecedented access to a network of distinguished African legal dignitaries, decision-makers, professionals, and scholars;
3. You will be able to connect with members sharing your professional interests by participating on our online discussion platforms, interact with other lawyers, stakeholders and friends of PALU as well as contribute to discussion forums and groups on different legal topics;
4. You will be invited to our various conferences, workshops, seminars and other networking events, most of which will greatly enhance your skillset and earn you CLE points!
5. You will have the opportunity to join the PALU Members’ (practice) committees that will provide you with a unique opportunity to coalesce, interact an network with other African lawyers and law firms from across the continent and the diaspora who practice in the same specialised areas of law.
Please note that as an individual member of PALU you have three categories of membership to choose from: Ordinary Member; Life Member and Special Endowment Member. To learn more about PALU’s membership benefits, please refer to the attached document.
Take a moment to fill the form below, once completed, scan and send it, together with the proof of payment by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to hearing back from you soon and welcome to the PALU fraternity.
Emeka J. P. Obegolu, Esq
Application for Individual Membership / Demande d’adhésion individuelle
*- Denotes Mandatory Fields / Indique les champs obligatoires
Category of PALU Membership / Catégorie de Membre *
Ordinary Member (USD 100 per year) / Membre ordinaire (100 USD par an)
Life Member (USD 1000 once only) / Membre a vie (1000 USD une seule fois)
Special Endowment Member (USD 10, 000 once only / Membre spécial do fonds de dotation (10, 000 USD une seule fois)
Personal Information / Informations personnelles
- Title / Titre : *
- Surname / Noms : *
- Other Names / Prénoms :*
- Country / Pays : *
- Gender / Sexe : *
Male / Masculin Female / Féminin
- Language Of Correspondence Preferred / Langue de correspondance préférée : *
English / Anglais French / Français
- Languages Spoken / Langues parlées : *
Arabic / Arabe Portugese / Portugais
English /Anglais Spanish / Espagnol
French / Français Swahili
Employment / Emploi
- Employer / Employeur: *
- Position/Title – Poste /Titre : *
- Nature of engagement / Nature de l’engagement : *
- Law Firm Network/ Réseau de cabinets d’avocats :
- Areas of Law Practice / Domaine de spécialité du cabinet : *
Contact Details / Coordonnées
- Postal Address / Adresse postale: *
- Physical Address / Adresse physique : *
(If different from Postal Address / si différente de l’adresse postale)
- Primary Correspondence Telephone / Mobile Number – Numéro de téléphone/portable principal : *
- Other Phone Number(s) / Autre(s) numéro(s) de téléphone :*
- Fax Line(s) / Ligne (s) Fax :*
- Alternative E-mail Address(es) / Adresse(s) e-mail alternative:*
Membership Information / Information sur l’adhesion
- National Law Society (NLS) / Ordre national des advocats (ONA):_______________________
- Regional Law Society (RLS) /Ordre regional des advocats (ORA):________________________
- Date of Admission to National Law Society (NLS) / Date d’admission a l’Ordre national des advocats (ONA):______________________________________________________________
- Date of Admission to Regional Law Society (RLS) / Date d’admission a l’Ordre regional des advocats (ORA):______________________________________________________________
- National Law Society (NLS) Admission Number / Numero d’admission a l’Ordre national des advocats (ONA):______________________________________________________________
- Regional Law Society (RLS) Admission Number / Numero d’admission a l’Ordre regional des advocats (ORA):______________________________________________________________
Hereby declare that the information given above is true, and I hereby apply for individual membership of the Pan African Lawyers Union. I undertake, if admitted, to adhere to the Statute and Rule of the Pan African Lawyers Union. / declare que les informations donnees ci-dessus sont vrais, et par la presente je demande a etre member individuel du union panafricaine des advocats. Je m’engage, si admis, a adherer au Statut et aux Regeles du union panafricaine des advocats.
Declared this ______ day of ______________ in the year __________ at ______________
Declare le _____________ A ______________
Benefits of PALU Membership
If you are a PALU Member you are entitled to the following benefits;
- Subscription to PALU communications, including our monthly newsletters and periodic bulletins;
- Participation in our online discussion platform, interaction with other lawyers, stakeholders and friends of PALU, contribution to discussion forums and groups on different topics;
- Premier access to our online resource centre such as the African Law Database
- A detailed listing in our online directory of members which will enable you to make connections and meet professionals from similar areas of law practice for those relevant to your areas of interest as well as from the same region;
- A membership identity card;
- Invitation to various conferences, workshops, seminars and other networking events;
- Premier access to our print publications (journals, law reports, magazines, policy briefs, etc) for free or at a subsidized members rate;
- Access to cutting edge commentaries and legal analyses (that will not be available to non-members);
- Participation in our affinity Programme, whereby we will collectively bargain for benefits for members;
- Opportunity to advertise on our website and in our publications;
- Access to premium content online.
PALU PAYMENT OPTIONS
OPTION 1: Payment by credit or debit card
You can make a payment by credit card directly though our website at: http://lawyersofafrica.org/donations-and-sponsorhips. In order to guard against fraud, our third party secured payment company (Pesapal) will ask you for a copy of your passport or proof of identity before your payment can be processed.
OPTION 2: Payment into Nigerian Bank Account
You can make payment into the Pan African Lawyers Union Bank Nigerian account:
Account Name: PAN AFRICAN LAWYERS UNION COMPANY LIMITED
Account no: 0697237680(NGN), 0697274261 (USD)
Hard copy can also be returned to Pan African Lawyers Union C/O NBA Secretariat, NBA House, Plot 1101 Cadastral Zone A00, Central Business District, Abuja F.C.T. Nigeria Attn: Obinna Nwagbo (+234 905 7733 887).
REVEALED: 3 natural ways to get stronger erections, last 25 minutes on bed, and increase manhood size without using drugs. Also, Natural Prostrate Enlargement Remedy.. Get In HERE...
Send your press release/articles to: email@example.com, Click here Subscribe to our BBM Channel: C01142506 Follow us on Twitter at @Nigerialawyers and Facebook at facebook.com/thenigerialawyer