* Calls For The Resignation Of The Vice President And Attorney General Of The Federation
* Calls On Bar Disciplinary Committee To Discipline The Duo
The Nigerian Bar Association, Owerri branch has asked the National Judicial Council (NJC) to dismiss the purported Acting CJN, Honourable Justice Ibrahim Tanko who according to them, presented himself to be sworn in, in circumstances that they are in pari material with the Abia State case.
The branch has asked the Council to follow the laid down precedent, following some resolutions held in its monthly meeting held on the 26th day of January, 2019.
The branch in its resolutions held that the NBA should take all other steps including, but not limited to the total boycott of Courts and if the need arises, the shutting down of the polity in collaboration with Civil Society Groups.
The branch also called for the resignation of the Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, and the Attorney General of the Federal, and further asked that disciplinary measures be taken against the duo by the disciplinary committee of the Bar.
Below reads the resolutions:
1. That Owerri Bar rejects in its entirety the purported and unconstitutional suspension of the Hon. CJN by the President of FRN.
2. That Owerri Bar hereby empowers the chairman and executive members of the Bar to attend the NEC meeting of the NBA on Monday 28/01/2019 and insist on the branch position that all legal process must be followed to ensure that this Constitutional breach is reversed.
3. That in addition to (2) above, Owerri Bar resolved that NBA should take all other steps including but not limited to the total boycott of Courts and if the need arises the shutting down of the polity in collaboration with Civil Society Groups.
4. That the Attorney General of the Federation and the Vice President be called upon to resign for being complicit in the Constitutional breach.
5. That in addition to (4), the Attorney General of the Federation and the Vice President should face disciplinary committee of the Bar for disciplinary actions; and
6. That in line with the precedent laid in Abia State, that the NJC should dismiss the purported Acting CJN who presented himself to be sworn in, in circumstances that they are in pari material with Abia State case.
The motion which fuelled the said Resolutions was moved and seconded by Chief C.C. Onyeagbakor and L.U.N. Nwakaeti, Esq respectively.
TheNigerialawyer (TNL) recalls that the Nigerian Bar Association under the leadership of the NBA President, Paul Usoro, SAN has called for an emergency meeting of the NBA-NEC statutory members, following the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Honourable Justice Walter Onnoghen.
REVEALED: 3 natural ways to get stronger erections, last 25 minutes on bed, and increase manhood size without using drugs. Also, Natural Prostrate Enlargement Remedy.. Get In HERE...Send your press release/articles to: email@example.com, Click here Subscribe to our BBM Channel: C01142506 Follow us on Twitter at @Nigerialawyers and Facebook @ facebook.com/thenigerialawyer For Advert Inquiries Tele/+234 806 819 1709 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Order for your copy now. Call +2347065222225, +2348033334902. Email us @..email@example.com Orlaurelsandprizes@gmail.comThe Electronic Law reports of the Court of Appeal Nigeria. Now Available @ courtofappealreportsnigeria.com
A Report Of The Judgement Of The 16 Divisions Of The Court Of Appeal In Nigeria