NYSC has issued a directive to all final year students of institutions across the country and abroad concerning their requirements for the 2015 mobilization exercise for Batch B members. All such students are hereby informed.
This is to inform all prospective corps members,i.e. Nigerians who have graduated from Universities and Mono/Polytechnics both at home and abroad that the NYSC On-line registration portal will be opened from Tuesday 8th September to Friday 9th October, 2015 to enable them register for the 2015 Batch ‘B’mobilization.
In order to ensure a seamless registration, prospective corps members are to note the following for strict compliance:
1. The Website address is any of the following:
2. Prospective Corps members should ensure that they have functional e-mail addresses with valid password and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register.
3. Locally trained prospective Corps members are expected to use correct JAMB and Matriculation numbers to register.
4. For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the NYSC portal.
5. Prospective corps members must ensure that their institutions and Courses are approved and accredited by Nigeria Universities Commission (NUC), National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) or Federal Ministry of Education (FME), otherwise they would not be mobilized..
6. Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
i) West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent,
ii) General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent,
iii) NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
iv) First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D not necessary).
v) Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
vi) International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure.
7. It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading.
8. All graduates of Medicine and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (NMDCN) and Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) respectively. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
9. Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should not visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come along with the original documents they uploaded to the camp where they will be verified.
10. Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
11. Prospective corps members should ensure that it is their accurate passport size photograph that is captured during registration.
i) Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
ii) Ensure the picture fills the frame and centralized.
iii) Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
12. On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the finger used for their biometric capturing as this will be used for data verification at the orientation camp. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
13. Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
14. Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
15. All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but did not print their call-up letters online need not to pay again.
16. Married female prospective corps members should upload copies of their marriage Certificate, evidence of Change of name and their husband’s place of domicile during registration.
17. The orientation camps are not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.
18. Prospective corps members who have problems related to mobilization should go to the nearest NYSC Secretariats, see the Deployment and Relocation officer and lodge their complaints between 9th – 16th October, 2015.
19. All Part-time graduates are also expected to register on-line, even though they qualify for Exclusion.
20. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE THE PORTAL IS CLOSED ON FRIDAY, 9TH OCTOBER 2015, THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER REGISTRATION.
21. Click here to View time-table for online registration
Requirements For Registration Of Nigerian Foreign-Trained Graduates:
The following are the requirements for registration of foreign- trained Nigerian graduates wishing to participate in National Youth Service Corps:
1. The Originals and photocopies of the following documents are required for registration and mobilization of foreign-trained graduates into the National Youth Service Corps (please note that downloaded Certificates/Transcripts, Statement of result and Attestation letters are not acceptable); viz:
i) First University Degree or HND Certificate
ii) Complete official Transcript of the First Degree or HND programme
iii) Marks Sheets (for Indian Schools only)
iv) O’level Certificate i.e WASC, GCE, SSCE, NECO, IGCE, GCSE, High School Diploma for those who schooled in USA e.t.c. Candidate must obtain credit in not less than 5 subjects (including English and Mathematics) in not more than 2 sittings.
v) Medical Doctors and Optometrists are required to produce in addition, Evidence of completion of Housemanship, Registration Certificate with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria/Optometrists Association of Nigeria, as applicable.
vi) Pharmacists shall produce in addition, Evidence of completion of Internship and the registration certificate with Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
2. Nigerian International Passport showing clearly;
i) Entry Visa to Country of Study
ii) First Departure Date from Nigeria
iii) Date of Return to Nigeria
iv) Data page of the passport
v) Candidates with dual nationality are required to produce both passports for verification.
3. Loss Of Travelling Passport: prospective Corps Member who lost his/her passport would be required to present;
i) Police and Immigration reports from the country where the Passport got missing
ii) Sworn Affidavit
iii) Evidence of stay in country of study
iv) The above documents should contain the same information as contained in the lost passport.
v) Current Nigerian International Passport
4. For Loss Of Academic Credentials, the following is required;
i) Police Report
ii) Sworn Affidavit
iii) Confirmation letter from either the examination body (for loss of ‘O’ Level Certificate) or the academic institution of graduation (for loss of Degree, HND Certificate).
5. Certificates not written in English Language should be translated at the Embassy of the country of study or a University in Nigeria where the language is studied, before uploading and presentation to the NYSC.
6. Special Note:
i) Registration of foreign-trained graduates commences on 8th Septemberr, 2015 and closes on 9th October, 2015
ii) Foreign-trained graduates enlisting into the Nigerian Youth Service are not obliged to choose their State of deployment. However, married women would be deployed to the state where their husbands are domiciled provided their marriage certificate and evidence of change of name (Newspaper publication and Court Affidavit) are uploaded and attached to their forms.
iii) Graduate of University of Education Winneba, Ghana, King Faisal University, Chad Republic and all Universities in the Republic of Benin are requested to obtain and upload letters of Evaluation from Federal Ministry of Education, Abuja before registration.
iv) All names inconsistency on different documents must be supported with Court Affidavit and uploaded before physical verification.
v) Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come along with the original documents they uploaded to the camp where they will be verified.
vi) You are expected to print your callup letter on-line but for those that did not pay they are to collect their call-up letters at NYSC NDHQ Abuja on presentation of international Travelling passport. Collection by proxy is not allowed.
vii) You will also present your international travelling passport before you can register at the orientation camp.