The Monthly General meeting of the Nigerian Bar Association, Lagos Branch (the “Branch”) has been scheduled to hold on Monday, 12th February, 2018 at 1 pm. The venue of the meeting remains the Foyer of the High Court of Lagos State, Lagos Division.
The agenda for the meeting (which will be sponsored by Mr. Paul Usoro SAN tagged “February Red Themed Meeting”) is set out below:
- Opening Prayer
- Welcome Remarks by the Chairman
- Consideration and adoption of the Minutes of the Last Meeting
- Matters Arising from the Minutes
- Update on the review of the 2015 NBA Constitution and Uniform Bye law
- Issue of Hike in filing fees
- Review and upgrading of the NBA Lagos Website
- Secretariat Staff Audit
- Representative of the Branch at NEC meeting
- Treasurer’s Monthly Report
- Knowledge Sharing Session
- Any other Business
- Cutting of Cake
- Closing Prayers
The guest speaker for the Knowledge Sharing Session will be Moshood Olajide, a Tax Partner at PWC and he will speak to us on Taxation.
In addition, the following documents are attached hereto:
- The Final Report of the Nigeria Bar Association (Lagos Branch) Dinner Committee and
2. Legal Advisers Report on the ongoing suit challenging the production and sale of filing stamp by the Lagos State Judiciary (Suit ID/2192GCM/2017).REPORT-ON-SUIT-NO.-ID.2192GCM.17-MR.-TOPE-ALABI-V.-CHIEF-REGISTRAR-HIGH-COURT-OF-LAGOS-STATE-AND-OTHERS
To better manage our time at the meeting, I encourage everyone to forward any comments and/or observations on the attached Minutes of meeting to the undersigned on or before Friday, 9th February, 2018.
Please note that we may be unable to take non-substantive corrections on the Minutes (e.g. spelling errors in the names of members) at the meeting.
Finally, I urge you to endeavor to attend the meeting on time as the meeting will start at 1 pm prompt.
Thank you for taking out time to read this mail.