CIAPS is delighted to invite you to participate in the above-mentioned international career development and training workshop.
This is an initiative of the Centre for International Advanced and Professional Studies, with input from the Cambridge Law Society, The American Law Society, The Nigerian Bar Association and The African Bar Association.
It is aimed at experienced and new Legal Practitioners at various level as well as Judges and Magistrates who want to improve their performance and those who are new to the role but want to reach high levels.
The programme has been designed bearing in mind the need of and with a lot of inputs from Lawyers and Judges, Legal Secretaries and Commissioners, Legislators, Advisers, Human Rights Activists, Consumer Protection Experts and Consultants from various industries across Africa.
The main purpose of this programme is to help create Class Action Experts that can successfully manage the inevitable challenges and opportunities inherent to Class Action in developing countries.
Legal Experts of the future will understand that the nature of their job is changing and affected by technology, they will be able to make the most of social media and technology in general, be versatile and capable of taking initiatives.
A survey carried out recently amongst Chairmen and Directors, Diplomats, Ministers and Commissioners, Legislators, Advisers, Media Practitioners, Human Rights Activists, Consumer Protection Experts and top Consultants revealed that most of them understand that Class Action is fast gaining grounds in Nigeria and they all want legal experts who work closely with them to have a good understand of analysing and managing Class Action for and against them.
Key Areas to be covered in this workshop include:
* Class Action and Locus Standi
* Initiating Class Action
* Class Action and the Media
* ICT, New Media and Class Action
* Managing with Wavering Clients
* Overview of Class Action in Nigeria
* History and Development of Class Action in the UK
* History and Development of Class Action in the USA & Canada
By the end of this programme, participants will go back to their work places with clear ideas on how to improve performance in their practices and how to better assist their team in achieving results.
* Know how to analyse and manage the initiation Class Actions
* Understand how to deal with wavering clients and conflict of interests in Class Actions
* Have a good idea of how to deal with the media
* Know how to use modern methods & technologies to manage Class Action tasks and activities
* Have a good understanding of the origins, development and future of Class Actions
Olisa Agbakoba Roderick Farningham Robert J. Gaudet, Jr. Anthony Kila
Programs at CIAPS go far beyond the basic transmission of skills and theories; these offerings provide applicable lessons in the classroom that can be implemented successfully within your organisations.
Each program is designed and led by carefully selected experts who are leading authorities in their respective fields.
Our aim in selecting them is to provide you the opportunity to acquire a fresh perspective on global operations from our ground-breaking curriculum, world-renowned faculty, and an accomplished group of elite peers from around the world.
The Programme will take place at CIAPS
Venue CIAPS 21 Adekunle Fajuyi Crescent off Adeniyi Jones Ikeja Lagos
Date and Time: Friday 23rd March 2018. From 2pm prompt plus a wrap up Cocktail from 6pm
Cocktail powered by Lo Sifzio
Enquiries and Registration
Visit our website www.ciaps.org
* Call us on +23413428624 or +2349022442197
* Email us via firstname.lastname@example.org