There was a fire outbreak at the Kuje Medium Prisons,Abuja around 4:30pm on Friday.
It was gathered that the fire which broke out at the clinic was immediately put out by the security personnel on duty.
“Although, the cause of the fire is not immediately known, it is suspected that the smoke may have emanated from faulty electrical equipment stored in an adjoining building used for teaching inmates handiwork,” he explained.
Chukwuedo said detailed investigation had commenced as instructed by the controller of prisons FCT command, S. Nwakuche.
“The prison yard is calm and peaceful and everyone is going about their business,” he added.