The BringBackOurGirls coalition said it would resume street marches in October if the Federal Government failed to take immediate steps to rescue the remaining 113 Chibok girls in Boko Haram captivity.
It also asked the government to send “a strong and high-powered Federal Government team to Chibok to reassure their parents,” noting that the lack of empathy for the Chibok parents has to end.
The BBOG group also asked the government to invite the families of the abducted victims to demonstrate that it had taken full ownership of the tragedy and presented them with persuasive plans for their immediate rescue.
It explained that some family members of the victims had reached out to the movement for support, stressing that provision of support to them should be the government responsibility.
The coalition further demanded investigation into the demolition of a market in Imo State which resulted in the death of a boy.
It admonished the government to address what it called ‘the growing inequality of the poor nationwide and the disposition of the Presidency.’
The group said, “Our movement will monitor for tangible outcomes in the next 30 days, and if the inaction prevails, we will commence our 72-hourly marches from October 14, and replicate same in November and December.
“We commend the Federal Government for results achieved so far as a total of 106 of our missing 219 #Chibok Girls are back.
“We also acknowledge the two reunions so far with their parents, and actions taken for their rehabilitation and education.”